84

a/n: ok before you read, just know, i lied ;)

-

"We'll never be those kids again" -frank ocean

-

Kennedy's POV

-

The morning blew into my lungs as I took a long breath of the clean outside air. I looked down at my new phone and continued to run. The sun beamed on my skin as sweat fell down my forehead.

When I woke up, I decided to go for a run. I didn't know the next time I would be able to go for a run or work out after tomorrow so I wanted to do it one last time. I took in every moment of the run.

I glanced back down at my phone and I realized I was back at Niall's apartment. Thirteen miles in four hours, very impressive for someone who hasn't ran in months.

I rode the elevator up to his floor and walked into the apartment. Niall was brewing himself coffee in the kitchen as I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. He smiled and handed me a plate with toast and fruit on it.

"Thank you." I smiled, taking the plate and putting it down beside me on the counter.

"Of course." Niall nodded.

I took a long sip of the water, nearly finishing the plastic bottle. I set it beside the food and allowed my body to cool down. I noticed the sound of faint music playing in the background.

"How are you feeling?" Niall asked as he pulled himself up to sit on top of his counter. I sighed and gulped back my anxiety.

"I'm as ok as I can be. How ready can you really be to be kidnapped again?" I sighed and took a bite of the toast.

"I wish there was another way to execute our plan." Niall frowned.

"I still don't agree with grand arson. What if the police find you?" I shook my head and continued to eat my breakfast.

"Don't worry about that. Now you remember your side, right? We rescue you and you're the getaway driver." Niall reassured me.

"Yes, I know, Harry's text emphasized it enough." I rolled my eyes.

"You're so strong, Kennedy. Stronger than I'll ever be." Niall placed his hand on my shoulder while jumping down.

"Thanks Ni." I smiled.

"Now, you take the day to relax. Ok? I've got some shit to finalize." Niall placed a kiss on my temple before taking my now empty plate away from me.

"Yes sir." I winked.

I decided to take a long shower, relishing in what will be my last shower for a good few days. I was probably in there for a good hour before I forced myself out. I changed into sweats and a tank top.

I sat down in the living room in silence. I haven't had a day to myself in awhile. For the past several months I've been non stop so today feels really weird. I called Natalie in hopes that she would be around but she ignored my phone call. I pulled my knees to my chest and looked around.

I was.. Bored.

A normal person would take this down time to rest and spend the day sleeping and doing nothing. But nothing about me or my life is normal. So, I knew I needed to do something.

A smirk formed on my face when the idea of getting one last hoorah crossed my mind. I quickly jumped up and ran to my room to gather my things. I had a little trip suddenly planned in my head.