54

"I think about you constantly." -Unknown

-

    "Do you believe in love?" She asked while staring up at the clear midnight sky. Stars were spread out across the black, twinkling every time you blinked.

"Yea." He answered quickly. He didn't really know but he knew the answer she wanted to hear.

"Bullshit. You don't believe in anything." She turned her head to look at him, her beautiful ocean eyes staring straight into his emerald ones.

He smiled, she knew him too well.

"Do you believe in love?" He asked the same question she had, genuinely curious of the answer.

"Yes and no," She turned back to stare at the stars, "I feel like love is deeper than it is. In order to love, you've got to hurt first." She shrugged while squinting at the sky. He kept smiling at her like she was the prettiest thing in the world.

To him, she was.

"Love is dangerous. A weakness." He shrugged while bringing his eyes to the sky. He lowered his smile to a small gasp, looking at the beauty of the night sky.

"Of course you'd see it like that." She giggled while turning her body to the side. This brought his attention back to her.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He mimicked her, turning to his side. She grinned while preparing to explain.

"You're all work and no play. Love isn't a chore, it's a gift." She leaned her head on her arm and stared into his dreamy orbs.

"A gift that could end in death." He placed his head on his hand while staring right back at her.

"What goes on in that head of yours?" She pointed to her brain and narrowed her eyes at him, trying to see through him to his brain.

"I see mostly black." He smirked.

"Of course you do." She giggled again before rolling over and onto her stomach. Her arm hit his abdomen, the closest she's been all night.

    She rolled her body over and went back to staring at him. He was the most beautiful thing in the universe to her. But she could never tell him. His walls would go up again and they'd be back at square one.

She knew he was too good for her. And as for him, well he felt the same way. He thought she was way out of his league. He didn't deserve someone like her. She was perfect and he was damaged. Most likely beyond repair. If he were selfless, he would leave. But he's too selfish to even try.

"Thank you." He smiled while admiring her features as if he doesn't see them every day. She smiled.

"For what?" She pulled her oversized sweatshirt over her body while staring hopelessly towards him.

God how he loved the way she looked at him.

"For being a gift." He moved his hand to her cheek, gently caressing the soft, bright red skin.

"I hate you." She quickly flinched away, hiding her blush from him. He chuckled and pulled her back to him.

"I lo-

"What the fuck are you doing?" Harry's voice pulled me from the trance in my book, bringing me back to reality.

    I glanced up from my journal, staring at Harry. He stood in front of me, leaning his weight on his semi-good leg. He had a towel hanging low on his waist, exposing his fern tattoos. You got a good look at his stitches and cuts on his stomach.