89

TW: Violence

-

"You burn me." -Unknown

-

"Ok! Time to get this party started!" Leonardo shouted to the room, earning loud cheers and whistles.

I glanced at the big clock hanging up on the wall and to my mom, trying to ask her how close or far they were. I knew she told them he had pushed it up. I wanted to trust Harry, but a part of me was afraid he wasn't going to come. That he was going to leave me to die like he did my father.

"You who!" Leonardo waved a gun in my face, forcing my attention to him. I gulped, feeling real fear for the first time in ages.

"This here, beautiful and conniving girl, is Jack's daughter Kennedy. She needs no introduction but I need to give one since she will be your future leader." Leonardo smirked as he placed his hands on my shoulders, gun in hand laying on my chest.

I began to rub my hands together slowly, trying to create friction against the metal. My shoulder blades began to burn at my little movements. I tuned out Leonardo, focusing on my small movements while gradually glancing at the clock and back to my mother.

Leonardo's hands snaked around my chin and squished my face, stopping my hands and pulling my attention. He narrowed into my eyes as if he was trying to read a piece of paper in small print. I darkened my gaze, knowing exactly what he wanted from me.

"Show them." He whispered.

I took a deep breath and watched as he moved out of the way. Sitting tied down to a chair in front of me was Robert. My chains fell from my wrists and legs and I was free. I glanced at Leonardo, who was holding a knife out for me.

He wanted me to kill Robert

"Show them their soon to be leader." Leonardo encouraged.

I battled my conscience as I stared into Robert's cold eyes. He wasn't able to move, but staring into his eyes I could see his fear. I dreamed about this moment, but not like this.

But I had to do it

I hesitantly took the knife from Leonardo's hand and heard as everyone moved to the edge of their seats. I gulped, walking slowly towards Robert. I twirled the knife around in my hand, debating what I should do.

I didn't want to kill him, he didn't deserve that freedom. But If I didn't, I could be the one getting killed. Harry was on his way, but I know he wasn't coming fast enough. I was stuck.

"P-please." Robert whispered. A single tear fell down his face as he stared at me petrified.

"It's you or me." I whispered back, clutching the knife in my hand as I got as close as possible to Robert.

"Do it already!" The men began to shout as if they were watching their favorite soap opera. I gulped and turned to look at my mother.

She had worry written all over her face as we spoke to each other through glances. We both know what I needed to do, but it was up to me to do it. I looked back to Robert as a tear left my own eye.

"I'm so sorry." I sniffled and brought the knife above my hand with two hands. Robert began to shake his head.

"Please Ken." Robert begged.

I squinted my eyes and turned around. I walked away, holding the knife behind my back. Everyone gasped as I walked and kept my head down, eyes closed. If the men wanted a show, they were going to get one.