47

"Some people survive chaos and that is how they grow. And some people thrive in chaos, because chaos is all they know." -Ace

-

Kennedy POV

-

My body was shaking while staring back at the person in the mirror. She was beautiful and scared, but she was about to become a killer. A monster who murders and steals for work. Who knew that I was going to be what my father made me to be.

I glanced down at my outfit, frowning at the dress and heels. I looked like I was on my way to a funeral. The only thing jazzed up about my outfit was the lace sleeves constricting my arms.

"It's going to be fine." I whispered to myself while trying to calm my nerves. This was coming way faster than I thought it would.

"Yes, it will be." Harry's voice threw me off guard as I peered up to him in the doorway. He was in his usual suit, minus the undone bow tie around his collar.

"I know I wanted this but now I realize the gravity of it. I'm becoming what my father trained me to be. A, uh." I bit down on my lip while looking back at myself in the mirror.

"A monster. I know." Harry pushed off of the doorway and walked behind me. His hands were in his pockets while he made eye contact with me through the mirror.

"Yeah, a monster." I cleared my throat after shamefully repeating the sentence. He was right, I was becoming a monster.

Not that I wasn't already

"I'll try everything in my power as your boss, not to let you become that." Harry's lips slightly turned to a grin.

I turned my head to the side and saw him from the corner of my eye. I fluttered my eyes closed and took another deep breath. That meant a lot, but not enough to calm me down.

"Do you promise?" I questioned nervously.

'There were a few footsteps from behind me, then a body pressed against my back. I sucked in a sharp breath as I felt my zipper slowly start to zip upwards on my back.

"I promise." Harry whispered beside my ear as my eyes remained closed. I gently smiled at him.

"I'm holding you to it, Styles." I opened my eyes and turned my head to move our faces inches apart.

"I know you will." Harry smirked before running his hands down my back and pulling away, "All done." He winked.

"Let's go before I let my mind wander." I looked back in the mirror quickly before grabbing my purse and heading towards the door.

Harry had dropped me back at my apartment after I spent the night at his place. He told me, essentially, that someone was at my apartment to murder me so he brought me to his house. I think he just felt bad leaving me after sex but I knew he'd never admit it.

Narcissist

Harry seemed off this morning, being a little closer to me than usual. I don't know if it's because I have a fat target on my back or because I did fucking awesome during sex last night.

Speaking of last nights sex, holy shit. I knew that my jealous technique would work, but not that well. I enjoyed his angry dominance for a change. Also the look on Nate's face when he saw me run off to Harry. Ha! It was priceless.

I followed Harry out of my apartment and down the stairs to the lobby. He held the door open for me and followed me outside. We decided to walk there because I said so.