45

a/n: listen to this song when the words bold for the best experience^^

-

"We pretend that we don't care, but we care." -Emma

-

"Kennedy!" Natalie sang out while entering through my front door. I placed my knife and whetstone down on my counter.

"Hey Nat." I smiled at her while she set her bag down on my kitchen table. She smiled towards me.

I tilted my head slightly once we made eye contact. Natalie had heavy makeup coating her face, making her almost unrecognizable. She was wearing a revealing black mini dress that accentuated her curves.

"You like?" Natalie spun around while realizing I was checking her out. I picked up my knife and whetstone and continued to sharpen my knife.

"Got a hot date?" I chuckled while Natalie walked towards me in the kitchen. Natalie hummed a no.

"I've got a frat party." Natalie smiled while forcing my hands to drop my knife and whetstone,

"Do you need alcohol?" I turned towards her with my eyebrow raised. If she had a party, why was she here?

"No silly, you're coming. We've got a frat party." Natalie nudged my shoulder. I let out a strangled groan.

"You're kidding right?" I rolled my eyes while looking back down on my knife. Natalie chuckled.

"Nope, get dressed. You're going." Natalie pulled my arms away from the counter. I pulled my wrist from her grasp and backed up.

"Natalie, I barely got any sleep last night after everything. A party is the last place I want to be." I placed my hands on my hips and stood my ground. I used to hate when she would do this in college.

"No, it's the best place to be. Drink it off, get your mind off of it." Natalie frowned and flashed me her puppy eyes.

"I'm pretty sure that's how alcoholism starts." I went back to my knife and closed it. I put the whetstone away in my cabinet.

"Please K! I need you to come. It wouldn't be a frat party without you!" Natalie continued to beg.

"Natalie, I can't. I'm supposed to watch Alea tonight anyways." I rubbed my hands on my shorts.

I'm actually not, that's a lie.

"I know you're lying because I have the guys in the car downstairs who have someone watching Alea for us tonight." Natalie placed her hands on her hips in annoyance.

She got me there

"Please Natalie, let me sulk. I want to sulk for the day." I wasn't even going to ask why the guys were coming.

"Kennedy, no. You need to go out, party, get drunk and make Harry sleep with you." Natalie pushed.

"Nat!" I raised my voice in embarrassment.

"What! I'm not lying, I know he puts you in a good mood." Natalie raised her eyebrows.

"Okay I'll go if you never bring up my sex life again." I covered my face with my hands and shook my head.

"Deal! Now go, I'll wait out here." Natalie pulled my hands down and pushed me into my bedroom.

I never said she didn't win when I said I hated it

"I'm not wearing a dress!" I shouted as she slammed my bedroom door from behind me.

"Fine with me!" Natalie shouted back.