81

"I think I like you best when you're just with me and no one else." -Cigarettes after sex

-

Kennedy's POV

-

"Thanks for letting me stay with you." I sniffled, placing my things on the couch and crossing my arms over my body.

"It's good for you to be here anyways. You know, with me trying to get sober." Niall shrugged and handed me a towel.

"I'm glad you're getting sober. Working on you will be a good distraction." I tried to smile but as my lips lifted I felt tears start to form.

"Listen, I just want to say this and nothing else. All of us wanted to tell you but he wouldn't let us. Plus, it wasn't our secret to tell." Niall frowned as he handed me a cup of fresh hot tea.

"I know that. I'm still upset but I would rather see you then him right now." I shrugged and sipped the hot tea. It felt nice against my dry throat.

"Okay, enough of that. I have a different guest bedroom you can stay in so you don't go in the other one and think of him." Niall gathered my stuff and began to lead the way.

"Thanks." I sighed.

The bedroom was downstairs instead of upstairs. It was smaller but it reminded me of my apartment. It was a small white room with a queen bed with black bedding. There was a tv on the wall and a dresser on the other wall.

"There's a bathroom across the hall I don't use very often so you can use that. You can stay here for as long as you want. It's pretty empty here so it's nice to have company." Niall put my bags down on the dresser as he looked around the room.

I ran up to Niall and threw my arms around him. I squeezed him as hard as I could. He was the thing I needed right now. Someone to just be there for me. He hesitantly put his hand on my back before hugging me back.

"Thank you so much." I sniffled before pulling away.

"O-of course. Anything for you. After all, you saved my life." Niall winked.

"Yeah, I guess so." I chuckled.

"If you need anything, I'll be in my room upstairs. Feel free to use anything in the house. And if you hear me scream, don't mind it. I've been getting nightmares from quitting so it's normal." Niall spoke as he began to walk out.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Well, good night. Try and get some sleep." Niall smiled.

"Goodnight Ni." I nodded. Niall nodded before leaving the room.

I sighed and set the tea down on the bedside table. I threw the towel around my body and sat down on the edge of the bed.

I drove here after Harry left me alone in the church. I knew I couldn't be alone and I couldn't go to Natalie. Of all people, she was the reason I was here. I was most angry at her next to Harry. So I tried calling Louis but he didn't pick up so I called Niall.

I took a shower across the hall, where I cried the whole entire time. I changed into one of Niall's shirts he had lent me because I don't have any of my own pajamas. I lied down for about two hours, unable to fall asleep. My head wouldn't turn off.

Around three in the morning, I heard Niall in the kitchen on the phone. He sounded angry.

I emerged from my bedroom, wide awake, and leaned against his counter. Niall saw me out of the corner of his eye and sighed.