20

"Make it look pretty, but train it to kill." -Allin KHG

"No way!" Natalie pushed her back hard against my front door. She was eager to not let me out.

"I finally gave in and took Advil and my thigh is feeling better. Let me come to work with you!" I crossed my arms and stood on my back leg. I might be on painkillers but it still hurts.

"No fucking way! You're still recovering!" Natalie's eyes were filled with doubt and sadness. I didn't want sympathy.

Natalie and I had woken up early today so she could get to work. She ran home and changed while I changed myself. We were both wearing flowy black sundresses and sandals. Natalie's was way tighter though, my leg needed air to breathe.

"Come on Nat! I can't sit around here anymore." I frowned. I needed to get the fuck out of this apartment.

"Harry said to not come back unless you can walk." Natalie shook her head and kept her back pressed against the door.

In efforts to prove her wrong. I strutted up and down the open space in my apartment. I had finally taken pain meds and wasn't feeling as much pain as I usually was. On my way back to her, I tripped a little bit but recovered smoothly.

"You were just limping yesterday. I'm not letting you come." Natalie darted her eyes around my body.

"Nat, please! I promise I won't do much!" I pleaded and pressed my hands together in a prayer motion.

"God you're so annoying! Do you promise to do absolutely nothing?" Natalie was slowly giving in.

About fucking time.

"Sure, yea." I nodded in excitement. I already had my phone in my hand at the ready.

Harry gave it back to me the first day but it was covered in blood and it was dead so I had to clean and charge it. Haven't really been on it.

"Kennedy." Natalie protested sternly. She wanted a promise that I was gonna be useless today.

"I promise." I rolled my eyes as Natalie let go of the door and approached me. She wrapped her arms around me and sighed.

"If you break it, I'm breaking your legs so you really can't walk." Natalie whispered into my ear.

"I know." I responded, hugging her back. She let go and shook her head. She didn't want me coming but I don't care.

This apartment is making me depressed.

Natalie grabbed my free hand and led us down the moldy hallway. She made us walk all the way down to the elevator since she doesn't want me going down the short staircase.

The elevator was one of those really old ones that are on the verge of breaking. Brown wood walls with peeling paint and ripped up rugs for floors. The door was a copper door you dragged like an accordion.

We got in and pressed the bottom floor. In seconds we hit our destination and climbed out of the rusty elevator. I never liked using that thing, It gave me the creeps.

Natalie kept a hold on my hand as we walked outside and to her car in the back parking lot. I kind of forgot my car was stolen since I've been so preoccupied with everything else going on. I'm gonna miss old Silvy. Rest in peace my love. You'll forever be in my heart.

Natalie helped me into the passenger's seat and closed the door behind me. She climbed into the driver's seat and cranked up the radio. Seeing her in the driving position made me miss driving. I hope I can do it soon.