17

"I have found so much beauty in the dark as I have found a lot of horrors in the light." -Rawad WB

"Come on, we can smoke it on the fire escape." I pointed to the small window, leading out to a large rustic platform with stairs.

"Can you get out there?" Harry removed his suit jacket and laid it on the side of the couch.

"I want to be stubborn and say yes, but I need help." I frowned and watched Harry shake his head.

Harry wrapped his big, muscular arms around my waist and lifted me up and slightly over his shoulder. I honestly could care less that he was treating me like a ragdoll.

"Watch your head." Harry walked over to the window, popping it open, then helped me out of it and onto the large platform.

The staircase was big and rusty. It was supposed to be used only in case of emergencies, but I decorated my section with fairy lights since I usually smoke or drink out of here at night. I liked the view of the street.

Harry climbed out after me, pushing past me to sit over the busy street. He didn't seem nervous at all that he was literally sitting above moving cars. Very brave of him if you ask me.

Harry grabbed the joint from his palm and set it on his lips. It was poking out the corner of his mouth as he grabbed a lighter from his pants pocket and cupped the end of the joint, lighting it under his hand.

I watched it catch fire, feeling a bit of excitement burst through my body. It's been awhile since I've smoked a joint, so I might be a bit rusty. Harry sucked at the paper effortlessly, letting it sit in his mouth before exhaling casually out the side of his lips.

Harry held the joint out for me to take, in which I eagerly took it. I sat the paper on my bottom lip, smirking at just the feeling. I clamped my lips around it and sucked at the filer. The smoke rolled around in my mouth and down my throat.

Before I choked, I grabbed the joint quickly and released the grey smoke from my mouth. I watched it mesh and fold together in the Nevada august wind. It was so magical.

I handed the joint back to Harry who laid it between his lips, taking a slight suck and handing it back to me. I repeated my first action, a bit quicker this time and smiling afterwards.

"My uh- My mum actually taught me how to smoke these things." Harry chuckled, taking the paper from between my fingers.

"Really?" I chuckled back, gradually feeling the THC hit my brain and relax my body. The pain from my wounds was slowly slipping away.

"Yea. It was a summer night like this and me and her went to the beach to escape my fathers drunk wrath." Harry sucked on the wet paper, letting out the smoke and smiling out to the street below.

Harry's facial features were lit up from the small fairy lights lined around the rustic railing behind our backs. He looked like he was genuinely smiling at the memories of his mother.

"I did it with Natalie. We were on our college campus roof. Had a whole sky lounge." I grinned, remembering the bright LED's and the small lounge chairs.

"Why'd you try it?" Harry turned his face to me and gestured for me to have the last of the joint.

I sucked on the wet paper and worn out filer, grabbing the rest with a deep breath and releasing it quickly. I let the dull paper collapse to the floor of the fire escape.

"All honesty? I wanted to know what sex felt like high." I shrugged and sat back against the cold railing.

"And?" Harry brought his knees up and rested his arms on them. He leaned back on his side of the railings.