50

a/n: surprise:)

-

"Each step forward sets you free." -mia

-

Harry's POV

-

When I was a kid, my grandmother died. That was the first time I ever faced death. It wasn't easy, but I got over it. Just like I got over the death of my aunts and uncles, and their siblings and my cousins. Just like I got over my parents death.

I thought about all the deaths I've witnessed while sitting here, unable to move. I felt myself fighting, watching myself almost as I grew more and more tired. I didn't want to fight anymore.

I think this was some out of body experience since I think I was dying. I didn't see anyone else but myself, lying down in the middle of an ambulance. I kept jolting, but no one was in sight.

"Weird right?" A familiar voice spoke directly beside me. Immediately I swung my head in the direction of the voice.

I smiled.

"Didn't think I'd see you here." I locked eyes with a pair of beautiful blue eyes on display in front of me. Nothing like Kennedys, but they were still pretty.

"I could say the same thing to you." Ryleigh placed her hand on my shoulder. I couldn't feel it, but I knew it was there.

"Why can't I feel you?" I glance down at her hand on my shoulder, noticing how it had the same rings on from when she died.

"Cause I'm not real. I'm your subconscious." Ryleigh chuckled while turning her head to look at my body.

"If you're my subconscious, then why would you say that?" I looked towards my body as well and watched as my hand briefly lifted and molded around something.

I think it was a hand

"Don't ask stupid questions because we don't have time for it. I wish I could catch up but I need to get you back. You're not supposed to be here yet." Ryleigh let go of my shoulder and began to walk around my real life body.

"Where is here?" I raised an eyebrow while watching her slowly move.

"I said no stupid questions!" Ryleigh groaned.

"Well it's not stupid if I don't understand dip shit." I barked back while carefully moving my eyes between her and myself.

"Whatever. You need to go back and keep fighting." Ryleigh stopped at my opposite side and sighed.

"Why? This place seems nice." I shrugged.

Ryleigh swatted my shoulder but again, I didn't feel it.

"Fuck I forgot. Uh, you're supposed to have a family and grow old and stop trimming your nose hairs or some weird shit like that." Ryleigh spoke unamused. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I don't want to fight anymore, not when I don't have much to fight for anymore." I frowned.

Ryleigh swatted again.

"Shut the fuck up. Yes you do! What about the girl who just took your hand?" Ryleigh groaned.

Suddenly, Kennedy's body filtered into view. It was her sitting on the seat of the ambulance. Tears were running down her face like a waterfall as she held my hand as tightly as she could. I could almost feel the pressure.