29

"Why do we know, but act like we don't?" -Seeker

Harry's POV

I ran out of the house with guilt on my conscience. This was just a backup plan, the suicide note is only if she actually did it. Which I really hope she didn't, because I don't want to kill one of my closest friends. I don't wanna kill my family.

I don't want to kill Ryleigh

I opened my garage door and jogged over to my usual black Lamborghini, climbing into the driver's seat and buckling myself in. Before I got the chance to back out, I slammed on the gas pedal and drove out onto the main road.

As I drove down the long road, everything replayed in my head that's been distracting me from this upcoming moment. Kennedy killed a man for me yesterday. For me. A cold blooded murder who plays god on humans lives.

The only question is, why?

Why would she add to her body count? Why would she do that for me? I've been nothing but a dick to her. But then, she begged me to fuck her yesterday and any ounce of restraint completely vanished from my body.

She did it because she likes me. I don't know how or why but she does. And the funny thing is, I don't regret what we did last night. I know we did it after having an annoying argument to which she was just putting the blame on me.

But the feeling of her perfect lips on mine in the hot room was something I could only describe as heaven. I never let girls stay over my house into the next morning, let alone stay the rest of the day with me.

But I guess Kennedy wasn't just a hookup to satisfy my needs. I don't know what she is because it's been awhile since I've done something remotely related to feelings, but I know it's something.

Along side with me fucking her and her killing someone, I told her the truth. I showed her the video of my father, cut down a bit because she needs to be kept in the dark about some things.

I'm not trying to protect myself or her this time, I just have some things on that tape only I know. Everyone else doesn't even know, but I do. She doesn't need to know all the roots but she got what she's been wanting.

An explanation

I'm scared as fuck because everything I've done these past few days have gone against what the dice. I rolled to get involved with her, and they said no. But I did it anyway. I rolled to tell her the truth, another no. But I still fucking did it.

There's nothing I can do now, the damage is done. I couldn't trust the dice this time. I mean, the two red dye dangling from my mirror in front of me is just taunting me right now.

I fucked up, bad

Before I knew it, the drive was done and I was pulling into Alea. It was later in the day so the club was open, but I wasn't going to be here long. Louis and Liam are taking care of that tonight while I worry about this.

The passenger side door opened to reveal a blonde head stepping into the car and sitting. Natalie looked up to my eyes with a look of sadness. She frowned looking at my tense facial expression.

"We don't have to do this you know. You could just take her word for it." Natalie looks back at the club to see Ryleigh approaching the car.

"No, I need to. I fucking hate liars and traitors." I clutched the steering wheel tighter in my hands.

"Are you actually gonna do it if she confesses?" Natalie fixed her loose white tank top while watching Ryleigh closely.

"I don't want to, but Ryleigh knows what she's done and what the consequences are." I cleared my throat as Ryleigh opened the back seat door.