90

TW: death

-

"Everything, in time." -Unknown

-

Kennedy's POV

-

I let go of Harry's hand and took the gun out of his back pocket. Tears began to welt in my eyes as I stood in front of Leonardo. He was panting as he stopped to look at us in horror.

Standing to our side was my mother. She stopped running as she saw us. She was holding her shoulder, trying to complete her part of the plan. I didn't mind her as I kept my focus on Leonardo.

"How does it feel to have your world come crashing down?" I asked, bending down so I could get closer.

"Why, Kennedy?" He asked quietly, trying not to move too much.

"You tore my life apart. I look at myself in the mirror, and am unfamiliar with who is staring back. My world has been flipped upside down over and over again by you." I sniffled and wiped a tear from my face.

"I'm a killer, a murderer, a monster with people's blood on my hands. You made me this way. I hate myself because of you."

"I lie awake at night and remember all the nights your hands would grip my throat, telling me to shut up as I tried to set myself free from your grasp. You never let me go." I collapsed to my knees before him and held my stomach, feeling a rush of emotions and the sudden urge to vomit

Ten years ago...

"Goodnight mom." I kissed my moms cheek as she tucked me into bed. She smiled and closed the door, blocking out the sound of daddy and Uncle Leo laughing.

"Sleep tight Kenny Bear." My mom winked before leaving the room.

I snuggled my bear and made myself comfortable. But, I found myself unable to fall asleep. I felt wide away and exhausted all at the same time. I listened to my daddy and Uncle Leo's laughter for hours until Uncle decided to leave.

I changed my position to face towards my ceiling. My eyes were closed as I tried to count imaginary sheep's in my head. But I kept getting distracted every time I'd reach number twelve.

My eyes jumped to the door as it cracked open. I quickly gripped my bedding as a dark figure entered my room. My fear quickly subsided as Uncle Leo came into view. He was probably just kissing me goodnight before he left.

I pretended to be asleep as he sat down on my bed. I heard him sigh then his hand grip around my neck. I froze and opened my eyes. Leonardo was staring down at me with a smirk, his hand around my neck.

"Shush." He said, moving so he was constricting my airways.

"Mommy!" I screamed with the breath I had left. He brought his hand tighter, engulfing my entire neck in his hand. I slapped at his wrists, trying to get him off as he moved my blanket.

"Daddy!" I shouted and he quickly stopped as the door shot open.

"Leo! What did we talk about?" My dad threw him off of me and pushed him out of the room before locking my door shut.

Present

I cocked the gun and stood up. My knees were weak as I remember the numerous times my father had to pull him off me in my sleep. I never slept after that, afraid of what he would do to me if my dad never caught him all of those times.