21

"If the universe didn't need you, you wouldn't be here." -Unknown

One of my ex boyfriends was a stereotypical hippie. He would never wear shoes, he'd smoke pot that was freshly grown, and he was a super chill dude. One thing that he used to tell me all the time was, be groovy or leave, man.

I soon learned that was a quote from Bob Dylan, but he would still say it everyday. Whenever someone would get angry or show any other emotion beside peace, he'd say it.

I never understood it and honestly it got on my nerves, well, up until about five minutes ago when Ryleigh and Natalie were fighting over a dress. I was peacefully drinking my coffee until I heard banging come from my bedroom.

I ran towards the sound to see a beautiful black dress being tugged and pulled between two raging lunatics.

"It's my dress Natalie!" Ryleigh's jaw was tensed as she pulled hard on the dress, trying her best not to rip it.

"You said I could wear it!" Natalie growled back, tugging more recklessly at the dress than Ryleigh.

This reminds me of the time me and my mom went prom dress shopping. There were dressing rooms filled with mom's and their daughters fighting over dresses. I mean, I've never been one to dress up so I never saw the reason for it. It's mostly just funny.

"Give me it!" Ryleigh spoke through her gritting teeth. She really wanted that dress. It's a useless article of clothing so I don't know why.

I just shrugged and left them to fight. I wasn't in the mood to go psycho mode, especially since I'm in a good mood today. My thigh doesn't hurt too bad today and I can't really feel the bad slices on my shoulder and chest.

I walked back over to my half empty cup of coffee and sat down beside it, cup in hand. I took a small sip, feeling the warm coffee grinds on my tongue. Coffee is so bitter, but it tastes amazing.

I felt my phone buzz in my robe pocket.

Who was calling me?

I reached in and grabbed it, smiling as I saw it was my mom. I clicked answer and held the phone close to my ear.

"Mom! Hey! Long time no speak!" I always get so excited when she calls, I hope she can hear it.

The line was silent for a moment, and then a sniffle.

"What did you do Kennedy?" My mothers voice was shaky, she sounded nervous and angry.

"Mom? Is everything okay?" I stood up from the chair and released the handle of the coffee cup.

"Why couldn't you just find peace? Why couldn't you just stay out of it?" My mother sounded numb, almost lifeless.

"Mom, what's going on? Are you hurt? Is something wrong?" I started to panic. This is one of the reasons why I want to move back to New York.

I can't trust she'll be safe.

"You just had to work with Harry Styles didn't you? Do you know what he did to us? To our family!" Her voice turned to anger.

"What? What are you talking about?" I slowly lowered myself back down to the seat. How does she know I work for Harry?

"Leonardo, he told me everything." She was angry at me. Why? What has he done to her?

"Did he tell you how his men shot me and he tortured me?" I started to get defensive.

"Yes, and from what he told me, you deserved it." Her voice was steady. That bitch meant every word.