75

TW: Drug Abuse

-

"Did I take it too far?" -Billie Eilish

-

Nostalgia was the only feeling I could put a name to as I stared at myself in the mirror. My body remembers the exact same position as to the night I binded myself to Alea. The night everything changed forever.

A cropped black lace blouse with black and gray striped business pants sat on my waist. The same heels as last night were on my feet as I gazed at my body in the full length mirror of Harry's bathroom.

Running my fingers through my hair, I tilted my head to the side while putting my trench coat on my arms, feeling all of my weapons hidden in the hundreds of pockets.

This could be my last moment of peace for a while, where I didn't have to worry about checking behind my back. As soon as I do this, I turn to sleeping with one eye open.

"You look pretty." Natalie said from the door connecting to Harry's bedroom. I turned my head to look at her and frowned.

"Everything's about to change." I said as a warning, more for myself.

"I know K. But we are going to protect you." Natalie spoke quietly as she stared at me.

"I can't keep playing hero Natalie." I turned my head to look into the mirror, into my numb eyes.

"Just hold on a little longer K. Soon enough, we can go back to normal." Nat joined my side in the mirror and placed her arm around my shoulders. I stood still like a statue.

"Where's Harry?" I nudged her off me and moved towards the sink to clean up my things.

"He's downstairs with the guys. Prepping them." Natalie said from behind me.

"Alright, let's go." I didn't allow myself to look in the mirror again, forcing myself out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

I was greeted with the smell of cologne circulating in the air. All eyes turned to me as my heels clicked onto the floor. I glanced around at all of them, they had a mix of anger and nervousness.

"Kennedy." Harry said from the back of the group.

"I owe you all an apology." I sighed.

"You think?" Louis said angrily from beside Harry.

"I was trying to protect you. I wanted to fix my mistake. And in doing so, I only hurt you more. So, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for any of you to get hurt." I searched the crowd for Niall as I spoke.

"He's at his apartment. He couldn't come today." Louis said shamefully.

"He couldn't, or didn't want to?" I asked.

The room went silent.

Noted.

"You still don't look like yourself." Liam said while looking me up and down.

"I can't go back to who I've used to be. That Kennedy was weak, and I can't be weak." I said sternly.

"Does that mean you've completely changed?" Louis stepped forward.

"No. I'm just done taking people's shit. You don't get to cross me anymore." I bit down on my lip as I began to get angry.

"What's the plan?" Zayn asked, steering away from the topic.

Harry began to explain to the guys about the plan we had already spoken about for hours while we waited for them to get here. Louis strayed from the group and came up to me.