23

"Sometimes you expect a lot from someone because you'd do that much for them." -Unknown.

"Why are we dancing?" I whispered into Zayn's ear, darting my eyes around the big white room.

Zayn had asked me to dance in front of this bougie investor guy. I don't know why, but I honestly wish I wasn't dancing right now. I feel very exposed somehow? And it doesn't help that this is a very slow song playing.

"I need you to dance with someone for me." Zayn whispered back into my ear, making me flinch.

"Are you nuts? I'm not dancing with some stranger!" I responded with an angry whisper. I only want Zayn to dance with me, if I had to choose anyways.

"Please Kennedy. I can take the ring off his hand when we hand shake and I give him off to you. One dance?" Zayn was basically asking for a hail Mary right now. I hate him.

"Fine, one dance." I sighed as Zayn spun me around and collapsed me back against his muscular frame.

I hate men

Zayn had his hand on my hip and the other intertwined with my hand. It was a loose grip. He knew not to make me uncomfortable which made me feel a bit better. But I still want to go home.

"He's starring, lets go over." Zayn spun me once more but positioned me at his side when returning back to him.

"I hate you." I mumbled into his ear as he pushed me towards the condescending old man.

He looks mean

"I know." Zayn whispered back, stopping in front of the man and smiling. The man raised an eyebrow.

Said man had dyed brown hair, a skinny build, and a gray suit on. He was smoking a cigar with his legs crossed, sitting in a singular chair. He was watching us the whole time.

"I couldn't help but realize that the famous James Moore was here. Zayn Malik, my pleasure to meet you." Zayn bowed his head and held his hand out for the man to shake.

The man stood up from his seat with a huge smile on his face.

"Zayn Malik, I knew your father. The pleasure is all mine, son" James shook Zayn's hand and brought him in for a hug.

Zayn kept his hold around my waist as he hugged the man back with his free hand.

I'm going to barf

"Yes, my father loved your investment work." I watched as Zayn slowly slid a big blue ring off the man's middle finger.

"Yes, your father was a good man. Now, who is this doll?" James turned towards me with a smirk.

"Kennedy Monroe." I spoke with a monotone tone and held my hand out for the man to shake. Instead of shaking it, he took it and pressed it to his lips.

I'm not flattered jackass.

"James Moore. You look lovely tonight Ms. Monroe." James nodded and released my hand. I gulped back the urge to puke.

"James, I have to run somewhere. Could you keep my lady company?" Zayn looked at me with a smile.

That bastard.

"Of course. Let's have a dance shall we?" James held his hand out for me to take. Oh how I wish Harry was here to clock this son of a bitch.

I'd laugh my ass off while he did it too

"Yes." I nodded with a fake smile.

I unwillingly took his hand and watched Zayn slip something out of James' pocket. He was doing it so effortlessly, how does he do it? I don't know but that's a skill I would love to learn.