66

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Unknown

-

Kennedy's POV

-

Three silent knocks on the bedroom door were enough to pull me out of my dazed stare on the windows. The sun was now shining brightly in the sky in comparison to the rainclouds fogging the night sky from a few hours earlier.

I pulled myself out of the cocoon of comforters as I rubbed my sandpaper eyes. I unlocked the door and opened it, revealing my mother standing on the other side. She smiled at me as I disregarded her and went back to the bed.

"Today's a big day for you sweetie." My mother moved quickly to my closet and began to pick out my outfit for the day.

"What time is it?" I questioned while rubbing my hands up and down my face, trying to wake up my frozen muscles.

"Eight. Sweetie, did you sleep at all last night?" My mother reached over the bed and grabbed my chin, examining my face.

"Don't touch me." I roughly pulled her hand off of my face and fixed my jaw from her harsh tugs.

"You really have to sleep, my love. Especially with the exciting day ahead of us." My mother smiled while putting out an all black outfit.

"Before you spoil my morning, can I shower?" I rolled off of the bed and stood up in front of the bathroom door.

"Of course dear." My mother planted a quick kiss on top of my head before scurrying out of the room.

I rolled my eyes before pushing the bathroom door open and entering the room. I wasn't actually going to shower, I just didn't want to see her face anymore. It's come to the point where I equally want to punch her face as much as I want to kill Leonardo.

I quickly brushed my teeth, did the essentials, and did my hair up so Leonardo wouldn't say something to me. Something I've noticed about his team is their not a very loosey goosey team like Alea. You can't have a hair out of place or else you're out of place.

I walked back into the bedroom and looked down at the outfit my mother had put out for me. It was black dress pants, a tight black lace blouse, and short leather heeled boots.

I quickly changed into the outfit, walking into the mirror's view once it was all on. I cringed at the feel and look of the outfit. I wasn't the biggest fan of fancy clothing. They made me feel so old.

I threw my trench coat over the outfit and walked over to my bed. I pulled the pillow off my bed and grabbed the gun sitting peacefully under it. I tucked the barrel of the gun into the back of my pants then danced my hand under the other pillow. I pulled out my knife and tucked it into my coat pocket.

Before I could hesitate, I walked towards the door and swung it open, making myself noticeable for the whole house. I immediately relaxed my expression and dug into my pocket, grabbing my cigarette package. I lit one of the cigarettes on my lips and sucked on the paper.

"Good morning Kennedy." Leonardo's voice nearly startled me as I walked into the kitchen. He sat at the dinner table with a newspaper and a cup of gin.

He drinks gin every single morning

"Good morning." I nodded my head towards him while sucking on the cigarette, smelling the cigarette smoke in the air.

"Honey! Are you smoking in the house again!" Eliza's voice rang through the house as she made her way down the stairs.

"Not me today." Leonardo shrugged while Eliza walked past him and to me. I turned around with a smile and a lit cigarette between my fingers.