83

"Did I take it too far?" -Billie Ellish

-

I searched around the park, constantly pushing on my big black sunglasses for cover. My mother was nowhere in sight. She was ten minutes late to our meeting. One more minute and I was leaving, I was risking too much.

"You look stupid." I quickly turned around, my hand gripping the barrel of my gun. But it was just my mom.

"You're late." I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

"Sorry, I was making sure I wasn't followed." My mother rolled her eyes and sat down on the bench beside us. I joined her.

"So? What's been happening?" I jumped quickly to our business.

"One more week we've got. You guys have to make your move in the next two days or else they're gonna make their own. What even is your move?" My mom frowned.

"I think I'm throwing myself back in." I cleared my throat and fought the frog in my throat.

"They want you to get kidnapped again?!" My mom shouted.

"Sh!" I shushed her, quickly looking around.

"You can't let them." She said quieter.

"I know what I'm doing." I reassured her, sharing her nervousness on the idea.

"Kennedy, it's not safe." My mother warned while whitening her knuckles.

"It's not set in stone yet." I tried to give her peace.

"Don't let them Kennedy." My mother warned.

"I have to go." I looked down at the phone Niall had given me and noticed I was late for the meeting.

"Kennedy."

"Goodbye mom." I quickly placed a kiss on her check before rushing towards my car.

...

Harry's POV

-

I stared at myself in the mirror, slowly pushing my hands through my curls. I was disgusted while looking at my reflection, but I always knew I was a monster. Why such change?

I never knew a girl could hold so much over me. She wrecked my entire universe when she left me, even if it may be temporary, it feels like forever. My heart sped up just thinking about her, my lips on hers again, my hands on her hips.

I turned away from the mirror and gained my strength back. I had to get to Alea soon to discuss our plans for Leonardo. Kennedy was going to be there since she was the only one with contact to her mother.

I moved to look at myself once more but jumped when Willow's head peaked through the door. I looked at her with anger. I didn't want her here anymore. After what she said to Kennedy, how she treated her. It was a mistake bringing her back into my life.

"I thought you left." I cleared my throat and fixed my tux jacket, trying to give her the hint to fuck off.

"Oh Harry boo bear, you don't want me to leave, do you?" Willow moved swiftly to latch herself on my body. I quickly pulled her off and formed space between us.

"This was a mistake, Willow. I don't like you like that, nor want you like that." I wiped my arms and stared at her.

"You don't mean that." Willow moved closer as I moved back until I pinned myself against my wall.