Chapter 59: Not Capable Of Loving Again

"My mother doesn't need to know about this.", I told my bodyguard, I got up from the table and behind myself I saw Stefan.

     "Mother doesn't need to know what?", he smiled at me.

     "Stefan?", I looked at him not believing he's here. "Hey."

     "What you planning there?", he asked.

     "Nothing important.", I smiled.

     "You still mad at me? Even though it should be other way around.", he said.

     "Look, I get why you didn't come home or called me, I wouldn't call me either.", I said.

     "Oh, you mean because you stole my girlfriend?", I looked at him. "Don't worry, I'm over it.", he smiled, and just then Caroline walked in. "Hey, Car. You look beautiful.", he kissed her on the cheek and hugged her.

     "I'm glad you're back.", she smiled at him.

     "Yeah...Alright, I'll uh see you later.", Stefan told me.

     "Great.", I fake smiled.

     "So...what's up with you?", she asked me.

     I looked at her. "I just want to know...I know you don't want to talk to me, but..."

     "Well...", I started, but she cut me off.

     "Is it true that you stole his girlfriend?", she was curious.

     "No.", I looked at her. "Listen, they loved each other, but it came down to his decision: family or her?", I said. "And he chose family, of course. After that, she came to me and I comfort her, but then we accidentally slept together and Stefan found out. So, no. I didn't steal his girlfriend.", I said. "Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go."

...

     "What did she look like? What did she sound like? Tell me everything you can remember about her.", my therapist asked me.

     "I can’t remember her.", I sighed. "I mean, I remember her name and what we had and everything, but I can’t remember her. I know I loved her laugh, but I can’t remember what it sounded like.", I said. "I don’t recall the scent in her hair that drove me crazy when I kissed the top of her head. It could’ve been strawberry, but I’m not sure.", I paused, then closed my eyes and rubbed my temples for a moment before continuing. "I wish I remembered so much about her, but the only thing that comes to me is how utterly destroyed she looked when I saw her yesterday."

     When our session was done, I walked her out and then went to the living room. Stefan, Caroline and Elena was there and as soon as he saw me he immediately start to yell at me. "How can you do that to our baby sister?!"

     "Stefan, she worked behind my back. She betrayed me."

     "Damon, what did you promise me before I went away?", I stayed silent. "You promised me you would take care of Caroline! And you didn't Damon.", Elena looks at me before shutting us up.

      "Look I do not know what she has done to you, but you shouldn't ignore her, she has been depressed, won't do anything since you stop talking to her. The only thing she will do is occasionally eat, that is it Damon! But Stefan, he had to cope too. Yes, he did a piss poor job and he should have stayed here, but that is the past now.", Caroline avoided my look after Elena finished lecture us.

     "I'm sorry. ", I said quietly.

     "It's fine, Damon. I need some air.", Caroline said and left the room.

Bonnie's P.O.V.

     Dean came today and we ended up talking about Caroline and Damon, again.

     "Why did you leave anyway?", I asked, realizing I never knew the real reason.

     "Because she was all I wasn't. I was a fire that would touch her unscrupulous soul.", he said.

     "Do you still love her?", I asked.

     He just nodded. "I never stopped.", he said. "And you still love him, don't you?", he asked.

     "What?", I turned to face him.

     "You heard me.", he said, crossing his arms. "You still love him, right?"

     "Does it still matter?", I gave him a look and shook my head. "I don't think so."

     "Well, if you really did love him, then why didn't you go after him? You might have a chance.", I let out a low chuckle. "What's so funny?"

     "He's so busy with loving someone else now.", I replied. "So what chance are you talking about? It has been raining on my side since day one, you know that too."

     "Yeah, but if you didn't try, how would you know?"

     "I guess that's the thing.", I said. "I really don't know, but I do know that I won't have to be afraid of losing him, if I don't try to start things up again."

     "So, if there is no beginning, there is no loss and if there is no loss, there is no pain, right?", I stayed quite. "You might gave up on your soulmate, but I won't give up on mine. Not yet.", I nodded. "And what about him?", he asked pointing to the one picture on my desk.

     "Oh, you mean Will?", I asked and he nodded. "Well, he's so easy to fall in love with.", I said. "But I'm not capable of loving again."

A/N

HEY GUYS! Did you like this chapter?
Anyways, see you in the next one xx