Chapter 30: There For You

Bonnie's P.O.V.

Sam's arms were wrapped around me as I rested my head on his chest, hearing his heart beating. We both said nothing, only the TV filled the quiet air around us, when suddenly a TV programm came up I had seen before, 'True Life Stories'.

Immediately breath stuck in my throat, I didn’t want to watch it, because I already knew I’d cry, because my past wasn't that good.

Fortunately I had met Sam, but I never told him about my past because I knew he’d be too worried about me, which wasn’t necessary. I only told Damon because I had to, he saw the marks on my wrists.

"Oh I wanna watch this!", he said as he grabbed the TV remote to turn the volume.

I looked up to him and scanned his eyes. "Are you sure?", I asked, hoping he’d change his mind.

Sam looked down at me and ran his hands through my hair. "Yes, if you want it too?", he said, but I didn’t answer.

I just lay my head back on his chest and mumbled a 'okay'.

He didn’t respond but just looked at the TV.

During the moment when kids were talking to each other about their lives and when they crossed the lines, I just closed my eyes, trying not to get it, but I could hear everything. I squeezed my eyes more shut, if that was even possible, and bit my lip to hold back my tears.

"Poor kids.", I heard him whisper.

I managed to mumble a 'uhuh', but unfortunately he looked down at me and whispered.

"Bonnie, are you okay?", I didn’t dare to look up at him but just whispered a ‘yes’ as a tear fell on the top of my cheek.

"Babe.", I heard him say as he sat up and lay both his hands on both the sides of my torso, lifting me up.

He let me sit on his lap as he cupped my cheeks in his warm hands.

"What?", I whispered, giving him a fake smile. "It’s just so poor for those kids...", I said, my voice cracking at the end of the sentence.

I heard him sigh as he lay his hand on the back of my head and pushed me towards his chest.

"You lied.", he whispered.

I couldn’t control myself anymore, breath stuck in my throat as I felt pain in my chest. More tears started to form in my eyes, finally falling on the top of my cheeks or Sam's shirt.

"I’m s-s-s-orry.", I managed to say between my sobs.

"Ssssh, Bonnie, it’s okay.", we sat there for a few minutes, Sam trying to comfort me, occasionally kissing my forehead. "Now.", he suddenly said as he made me look up at him. "Tell me about your life.", I nodded and wiped my tears away before I told him about my past.

While I was telling him, I could see the tears in his eyes. "Why are you crying?", I whispered after I ended my story.

I raised my hand to wipe his salty water drops away. "I feel so sorry for you Bon...", I shook my head as I looked down.

"It’s not your fault."

"Why didn’t you tell me earlier?", I looked up to him again and I saw the anger mixed with sadness in his eyes.

"I didn’t want you to worry about me...", I whispered.

He sighed before wrapping his arms around me again, pulling me into his warm chest. "Just...", he started before taking a deep breath. "Just tell me next time, okay? Just tell me if something is bothering you, I’ll be there for you, no matter what."

"Ahhh, little love birds. I hope you didn't do anything nasty in my bed.", Damon walked in.

"I guess that's my sign to go.", Sam got up from the bed.

"Smart ass.", Damon mumbled after Sam left the room.

I could tell he hated him, but I didn't understand why. It's impossible that he's jealous, he has Elena, his soulmate. Why isn't he happy for me then?