Chapter 50: He Won't Be Coming Back

3 DAYS LATER...
Bonnie's P.O.V.

     I'm still in shock, I killed her. I killed Elena. Damon says it was self-defense, and if I didn't shoot first I would be dead now.

     Tonight we're waiting for new year and I'm definitely ready for 2018 to come along. Although 2017 had some good memories, it also has it's bad. Plus it's always nice to get a new start.

     When I entered the kitchen and saw all that food on the table I said. "Why  do we need so much food for five freaking people!", I exclaimed while laughing. "Caroline doesn't even eat meat!", Damon just shrugged.

     "What are you doing on New Year anyway?", I asked him.

     "Well...", he started. "We always celebrate that with all types of drinks. Vodka, Burbon, Margerita's. Then we got food, and then we do something special in the midnight.", he said taking my hand and pulling me upstairs on the balcony.

     "Damon...what are those?"

     "Fireworks!", he replied with a happy smirk on his face.

     I haven't seen him this happy in forever.

     I thought he would be sad, because of Elena and he was at first. He even cried, but he didn't want me to see.

     "We'll do them at midnight, like every year.", Damon laughed and nodded in agreement.

     It's currently 8:00pm and Caroline hasn't come back yet. Damon is on his third drink while I'm still on my second.

     By the time it hits 10pm, Damon got bored watching the random bands and singers. He changed it to an old cartoon that I remembered watching as a kid called 'Tom and Jerry'. I actually remembered the episode that's on. The normal routine is Jerry does something to make Tom mad. Tom then goes and tries to get Jerry but since he's a mouse and smart, he always out thinks the cat. It's a funny show even though most of the time the characters don't talk.

Caroline's P.O.V.

     "How dare you, you're such a liar. First you sleep with my brother, and then you lie about it? How could you do that to me? And now you're asking me for forgiveness and you want me to celebrate new year with you and your stupid family?", that was it, I couldn't take it anymore.

     "I just want to remind you that you broke me, you broke me and I broke into million pieces. I felt so bad and I begged you to come back and celebrate new year with us, but I just see how badly you're behaving.", I yelled at him. "You slept with her, and he was there for me. And I know he's your brother, but you broke me and I didn't care.", I said to ex boyfriend, who slammed the door and left.

     I just sat on his bed and cried, he left on the airport. He's leaving forever.

     Suddenly I saw one small paper at his desk, I stood up and picked it up.

     Dear Caroline,
     I was so scared not to lose you, and you weren't even mine. I was worried about why did you behaved strangely all day. When I found out about you two, I broke everything in my room and then I decided to leave. Have fun with my brother, because I won't be here anymore to watch him take my place.

     Oh my God, he wanted to leave without saying goodbye. He even write me this letter. I really did hurt him.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

Dean's P.O.V.

     "Dean, wait!", just when I wanted to enter my flight, I heard her voice. "Please, don't go! We can fix this. We can be fine again!", one tear fell down her cheek.