Chapter 48: We Have A Problem

Bonnie P.O.V.

     I moved and realized that I couldn't turn. I looked up and a few needles were in my hand. I felt someone's hand wrapped around my head and one around my stomach. I felt somebody's hand in mine and I saw Damon, who was asleep heavily.

     I smiled, and then that smile quickly disappeared. Does he still wants me, or did he just save another life? I sighed and took my hand out his.

     He immediately woke up and looked at me. He sighed and rubbed his eyes.

     "How are you feeling?", he said with his morning voice.

     "Okay, I guess.", I muttered.

     "All right, um, that's good. Well, what do you remember?", he said, trying to continue the conversation.

     "I remember everything.", I nodded gently.

FLASHBACK

     My eyes were closing but I kept forcing them to stay open as I watched Damon run up to me.

     "Bonnie.", Damon cupped my face in his hands. "Bon, you need to stay awake, keep those pretty eyes open for me.", Damon lifted me into his arms bridal style as he began to carry me out of the basement and towards the car.

     Just as he reached his car, I whispered out a quiet. "Damon.", I cried silently before sobbing out. "I...I'm so s...scared."

     "I know, shhh, I know.", Damon repeated softly running his fingers through my hair.

     "S-sam just let us out?", I tried not to show how much the words truly affected me, but Damon knew.

     "Yeah, he did. He said you'll understand.", my eyes were so heavy. "But that's not what matters right now, it matters that I've got you. And I'm never leaving you again."

     "Damon...", I whispered, before slipping once again into unconsciousness.

END OF THE FLASHBACK

     He nodded and looked down.

     "Bonnie...", he started. "I...I should never have said what I said to you before. You were right about everything. I just want to go back in time and slap myself. Listening to you on that phone, and seeing what happened to you, I felt like half of my vital organs fell out. Because, Bonnie, I care about you. A lot. I wanted to tell you this before, but now it's probably a good time. I love you, Bonnie. God, I love you so much that probably isn't mentally healthy, but I don't care. Only while you're with me I'm fine."

     In that moment, I realized just how much I truly loved Damon Salvatore and how much he loved me.

     Without a second thought, I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled his lips on to mine. Almost straight away, Damon responded moving his lips with mine until eventually, after what felt like hours but was merely a few seconds, I pulled away.

     "I love you too.", I replied and for once in our life, everything felt like it was going to be just fine.

     His muttered. "God, I chose the right girl."

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

Damon's P.O.V.

     Bonnie made me go home and change, because I was covered with her blood.

     Just when I entered the castle, my mother appeared out of nowhere. This will be very interesting.

     "Where the hell were you? We were all worried. You left without saying anything and left me alone to rule th...Is that blood?", she asked looking at my bloody shirt.

     "No?", I can't tell her the truth, because she'll go crazy.

     "That is not a question you are supposed to answer with another question.", she was already angry.

     "Would you believe me if I told you it was strawberry milkshake?"

     "No, I would not believe that.", she crossed her arms under her chest.

     "Uh, ketchup?"

     "Tell me the truth, Damon!", she raised her voice.

     "Fine, it's blood."

     "Whose?", she raised left eyebrow.

     "Mine?"

     "No, it is not yours.", she frowned.

     "Bonnie's.", I can't lie to her, she knows me too well.

     "What happened to her? Is she alive?", she asked and I could hear a little happiness in her eyes.

     "Of course she is, mother. What the hell?!", I got angry.

     "I am just worried abo...", she started.

     I interrupted her. "Yeah, I can see that. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to change."

Bonnie's P.O.V.

     Just when Damon left to shower and change his clothes just got a phone call, from an unknown caller.

     I answered the phone, and a Elena spoke into it. "If you don't meet me back at that house again, then Damon will be killed tomorrow. If you call the police, then I will kill Sam now and I know you still care about him. I have them captive. Meet me here in an hour."

     The phone call ended, without me being able to say anything. I gasped, and my phone falls out of my hand.

     I have no idea what to do, so I quickly try calling Damon's phone. No answer.

     I looked around, nervously, wondering if I should go. After about 45 minutes, I decided I don't have a choice.

     I waited another 15 minutes, and left. It's starting to get dark, as I go outside. I'm still in so much pain and I don't even know how I got out of the hospital not being seen.

     I felt a cold breeze as I walked down, a chill runs down my spine. I reached the house and I walked in. It's pitch black in there, and suddenly, I see a pair of piercing brown eyes, glaring at me.

     The person walked out from the darkness. They're wearing a black hood, covering their dark brown hair. She smirked, and walked towards me. When I can completely see her face, I gasped.

     "Elena?", I said.

     "I called you here, because I want to kill you.", she said, pointing a gun at me.

     "Really? Then we have a problem.", I had some kind of confidence, even if her gun is pointed at me.

     "Why?", she frowned.

     "Because I didn't come to die.", I smirked.

A/N

Just two more chapters left. Tell me what do you think?