Chapter 62: I Said Something To Her

3 months later...

     "Where are you going?", Dean asked me when he entered my bedroom and saw me packing my things.

     "To Spain. I called Will and he said I'm more than welcome, so I'm going. I have nothing here anymore.", I explained to him.

     "What?", he was surprised. "Bonnie, can you tell me what happened? That day when you went to see him. What did he say to you, so you decided to leave?", he asked.

*flashback

     "Your Majesty, someone came to see you.", when he's butler said that, I showed up at his door.

     "Hello, Damon."

     "Bonnie?", he looked at me very surprised. "Wh-why are you here?"

     "We need to talk.", I said.

     "You can leave now.", Damon turned to butler.

     When he left Damon spoke up. "What do you want Bonnie?"

     "I honestly don't know.", my voice broke. "I don't even know why I'm here."

     "Yeah, well I think you're here for a reason.", he said with ice in his eyes.

     "I came to see if there's any hope for us?", I said looking him straight at his blue eyes.

     "Oh...", he laughed. "Now you want me? That guy...What was his name? Will? He dumped you, right?", he said with a disgusted look before gulping down another glass of his bourbon.

     "Excuse me?", I said offended.

     He ignored my remark as he poured himself another drink.

     "I came here to talk to you, to ask you if we at least can be friends…but for some reason you’re acting like a jerk.", I said, completely irritated.

     He started laughing again. "Friends? Are you serious, right now?", he asked. "No, Bonnie, I can't be your friend and I don’t want to. It'll be too damn hard.", he said getting up.

     "Damon...", he immediately cut me off.

     "No, I'm serious, Bonnie...I can’t see you anymore. I don’t wanna hear your voice, I don’t wanna talk to you, I don't even want to look at you, and I sure as hell don't want to be your friend."

     "Are you fucking serious right now?", I said, annoyed and frustrated at the attitude he was giving me.

     "Yes, I’m fucking serious!", he said raising his voice.

     "Wow! Who are you?", I whispered. "I don't even know you anymore."

     "You're right, you don't. And you never did."

     "We were married and we were supposed to spend our lives together and now...", he cut me off.

     "That was a damn mistake. And I'm glad...", I raised my hand and I slapped him hard, he crossed the line.

     Damon held his cheek which was now turning red, and looked me.

     I couldn’t hold it in anymore, I was hurt and stunned with every word he said. Tears began to run down my cheeks.

     "You know what? You’re absolutely right…But one day you're going to wake up and realize you don't even remember what happiness is in this cursed castle, or love. Not fake love...but true one. 'Till then just stay away from me.", I said turning around and leaving, covering my mouth to hide my sobbing.

*end of flashback

     "You wanna talk about it?", Dean asked again.

     "No, not really.", I continue to pack.

     "So, that's it. You're leaving?", Dean asked.

     I just nodded and he left my bedroom.

Dean's P.O.V.

     After Bonnie left, she said I can stay at her place as long as I want and I did. But I didn't give up on her. Not yet. I'm going to find out what happened that night and I'm going to bring her back. It's time to visit my old friend.

     I entered the palace and accidentally saw Caroline with some guy. I think that's her fiancee. They laughed about something, and I could tell she's happy. It really kills me when I see she's happy with somebody that's not me.

     I hurried up to find Damon. I entered his office and there he was.

     "Dean?", he looked surprised. "Where the hell were you, man?", he hugged me.

     "You're not mad?", I asked confused.

     "Mad? Why would I be mad?", he looked at me confused.

     "About...that thing.", he still was looking at me very confused.

     "I probably don't remember it. I had a memory loss. I forgot everything that happened past year. I mean I remember some things, but that's very little.", he explained to me and I was in shock.

     That explains everything, well almost everything.

     "Anyway, what is that 'thing'?", he asked.

     "Not important.", I smiled.

     "So when did you came back?", he asked.

     "Look, Damon. I'm not here to talk, I'm here to tell you something really important."

...

     "What do you mean she just left?", he asked me.

     I shake my head. "I don’t know, I woke up today and went upstairs and saw her packing.", I explained. "So, what did you say to her?", I asked.

     He shook his head. "I don’t know, all I can remember is drinking a lot and her, crying.", I admitted.

     "Well, did you try calling her after that?", I questioned.

     He rolled his eyes. "No, Dean. I never tried calling her.", then he added. "Of course I did, that was the first thing I did.", he yelled. "I’m sorry.", I apologized.

Damon's P.O.V.

     "It’s okay, Damon. But do you think you maybe said something to her when you were drunk?", he questioned.

     I then look at him. "What would I of said? I mean it’s possible, but I...", Dean then interrupted.

     "You would of had to say something.",  he said.

     "No, no, I couldn’t have said anything, maybe someone else did? Maybe my mother?", I suggested.

     "Damon, is there anything that you could have said to her that maybe you never would say, but was on your mind?", he asked.

      I shook my head and then start to think and my eyes went wide as I realized what I probably said. "Shit!", I shouted.

     "What? What is it?", he asked.

     "My mother filled my head with these stupid nonsense and for moment I believed her. So yeah, maybe I said something to her."