Chapter 52: Remember Something

Damon's P.O.V.

     The doctors left the room and my mother and my sister walked in. Caroline stopped at the door and ran her hands over her eyes, then my mother walked over to me with a smile.

     "Mother?", I question and her smile grew.

     "How are you feeling?", she questioned.

     "Well I feel a bit weak but, I'm alive.", I smiled and glanced over at my sister. "What's with her?", I asked quietly.

     "She is fine, just probably little tired.", she looked at me.

     "Okay.", I said and looked down at my hands in my lap.

     I saw a ring on my left hand and looked over at Caroline who was backed up against the wall looking worried. "I'm married?", I asked and looked at them.

     "Long story, but I will explain everything.", my mother said.

     "How did I end up here?", I asked.

     "What is the last thing you can remember?", mother asked.

     "I remember celebrating new year with you, dad, Caroline and Stefan in..." I shrugged.

     "New Year 2017?", mother asked.

     "Yeah, why?", I asked.

     "It is 2018.", mother said as Caroline stormed out of the hospital room.

     "Is she okay?", I asked.

     "I do not know. I better go check on her. I will be back.", she stood up then left the room.

Caroline's P.O.V.

     I ran my hands over my face and through my hair as I sat down in one of the chairs that was sitting outside of Damon's room.

     "Caroline.", mother walked out of the room, slowly closing the door behind her.

     I slowly stood up. "He doesn't remember her. He doesn't remember 2017 at all. What have you done?", I said sadly.

     "That is for the best.", mother put her hand on my shoulder.

     "For the best? What about Bonnie? What's going to happen when he sees her in the castle? She'll be destroyed when he doesn't remember her.", I said as I pushed her hand away.

     "I already took care of that.", a smile grew on her lips.

     "Of course you did.", I smiled.

     "You cannot mention what that girl meant to him understand?", she threatened me. "I will just tell him a little fairytale that didn't have a happy ending."

     "I won't stay quite.", I said. "I can't keep that kind of secret from him."

     "Oh, you will if you want Dean to live.", she smiled.

     "What...", she cut me off.

     "Oh, and I found you a perfect husband. You will meet him tomorrow.", she said before she walked back to Damon's room.

Damon's P.O.V.

     "Mother?", I called her when she came in.

     "Yeah?"

     "I was wondering if you could tell me about how I lost my memory? And what I forgot or who?", I asked her, watching at my ring on my finger.

     "No, Da...I mean, I do not think that is a good idea."

     "Mother, please? It might help me remember something.", I begged her.

     "Okay, fine.", she sat down. "Ready?"

A/N

Did you like this chapter?
See you in the next one.