Chapter 28: Attempt Suicide

Damon's P.O.V.

"Are you awake?", I heard her sweet morning voice.

"Hmm?", is all I could manage to say.

"Are you awake?", she said again.

"Mmhm.", I said.

"Damon, wake up.", she whined.

"Bonnieeee...", I whined in my raspy morning voice.

"Come on, wake up.", she said and I opened my eyes to look at her.

"Finally, you're awake!", she said happily and I just smirk at her. "Good morning.", she said.

"Good morning to you too.", I said.

"How did you sleep?", she asked me.

"Never better.", I smirked. "I've missed my bed.", she laughed.

"Let's get some breakfast.", she said.

"You're already hungry, even after that dinner with Sam?", I asked.

"Yes.", she answered.

"I'll cook you breakfast, but you have to try to walk first.", I said.

It's been almost a week and doctor said that she probably could walk after a week or two.

"Who am I to argue against that?", she said.

I giggled and Damon started giggling too.

"Why do you want me to walk so bad?", she asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. When you're here in bed, at least you don't get into trouble.", I said

"You're so mean.", she said, while giggling.

I moved so I can face her. I rubbed my eyes to move the tiredness away so I can clearly see her. I opened my eyes and Bonnie stared into my blue eyes with her olive-green eyes.

"I love your eyes....I wish I had your eyes.", she said.

"Don't make me blush, Bon.", I said as I smirked. "Come on now.", I wanted to help her to get up.

"No, I want to try it alone.", she said.

I let her to try it herself, at first she couldn't, but she didn't give up. I couldn't see her struggling and I wanted to help her, but she kept pushing me away.

After a few minutes she finally got on her feet, but when she wanted to move, she couldn't. The legs simply didn't listen and I could see disappointment on her.

"It's okay, Bon Bon. You got up alone. This is a great advance for one week, but the next one, you'll be able to walk.", I said, trying to lighten her up. "Come on, I'll help you.", I got up from the bed and helped her.

I saw some kind of scars on her wrist. I got worried and finally dared to ask.

"Bon? What's on your wrist?", I asked, she instantly widened her eyes.

"N-nothing!", she said nervously, quickly covering her wrists.

"I already saw them.", I said, taking her arms to see the scars clearly.

She sighed. I looked at her expecting her to say something, but she kept quiet.

"Why did you do this?", I asked finally.

"I...don't know, I just...Let me tell you the story. You already know that thing about my mum and everything, right?" I nodded, paying close attention to her words.

"Everyone in school would laugh at me and call me "the black kid", and yeah, I know it sounds silly but for a six-year-old little black girl, it wasn't. Years passed, I started attending high school, and it was a lot worse.", she couldn't even look at me, or she'll break down crying.

"The other girls would laugh at me and tell me I was weird and that I'll never belong in the royals. I...I attempted suicide more than twice.", I widened my eyes, some tears forming on them. "Then, a couple of years after, my mother died. I missed her so much, she was so kind to me and understood my suffering, she tried to make my life happier, but damage isn't easy to forget.", she was silently crying at this point, so was I. "When I was nineteen, I attempted suicide again and almost made it. I spent many days on the verge of dying, even the doctors told my father I wouldn't make it to the next morning...But I survived. My father was so worried about me and made me promise I woudn't try it again, which I did, but he never knew I was into cutting.", she finished her story, crying silently, I hugged her tight.

"Now promise me you will never, EVER attempt suicide again.", I said.

She nodded, hiding her face on my chest.

A/N

Just a little bit about Bonnie's past, you'll find out a lot more in next chapters, not only about her past but a little bit of everyone's.