Chapter 64: I Fell In Love Again

"Good, that's good.", she wanted to leave, but she turned around. "Do you hate me?"

     I was thinking. "Yeah, I hate you for tearing me up, I hate you for moving on so fast, I hate you for replacing me, I hate you for hurting me, but mostly I hate the fact that I don't hate you at all, because the real truth is, I haven't stopped loving you since I left.", she looked at me with tears in her beautiful blue eyes. "I never believed in love at first sight but for some reason, I felt something different when we first met. The more I got to know you, the more my feelings intensified. And when you smiled, I knew that I was in trouble."

     "Honey, are you coming?", I heard male voice from the other room.

     "Yeah, I'm coming.", she yelled back. "I have to go, so...goodbye.", she smiled and left the room.

     I was happy, she was happy. She was happy for herself and I was happy for her.

Damon's P.O.V.

     After she pushed me away, I went back. I walked into the castle and sat on the couch in the living room.

     I looked around noticing the sudden silence. "Anyone!", I called out putting my now dead phone in my pocket.

     I suddenly heard movement. I quickly got up in and quietly walk up stairs to Caroline's room.

     I was eardropping and I'm shocked at what I heard.

Caroline's P.O.V.

     "Come on, Caroline. He is back, I heard him open the door.", my mother huffed.

     "Mother, I can't keep lying to him.", I muttered.

     "What do you mean? You have been lying him for months. What is the problem now?", she looked at me anticipating my answer.

     I love Damon, but I also love my mother. It's terrible what I'm doing to Damon. I know what my mother did is wrong, but I still love her.

     "He's my brother and I love him and I think...No, I know it's wrong. Doing to him what you did to forget last year, and now that he started to remember her you decided to poison him more. This is sick what you're doing. And I absolutely can't hide from him this anymore.", I explained. "I love you mother, but I can't do this to my brother anymore.", I said. "He trusts you and loves you, and you're ruining it by doing this. I hate to do this, but I'm giving you an ultimatum. You tell him or I will. We only have a few minutes till he comes up here. So choose now or you'll lost him and me...for good this time.", I looked into her eyes holding my coat waiting for her to choose the impossible.

     She sat thinking for a minute while I stood crossing my arms impatiently. As she's about to open her mouth the door flys open revealing angry Damon.

Damon's P.O.V.

     I opened the door rage pumping through my veins at the sight of my mother. Her mouth opened wide and she glared at Caroline, as do I. Caroline stood up walking towards me, but I pushed her away.

     "Damon, I can explain, please.", she pleaded, but I scoffed still staring in my mother's direction.

     "You can explain? There's no need to explain. It's pretty obvious that you've been lying me for months.", I turned to mother. "And you mother? Out of all the people, I never would have guessed it was you. All the months you've been feeding me lies and I believed you, but no more. I'm not getting into this situation.", I yelled.

     "Please Damon, don't do this. Just let me explain. Please? I'm so fucking sorry. I messed up.", my mother rolled her eyes sitting down on bed.

     I look at both of them knowing words were said before I walked in here.

     "I'm not doing this, Caroline. If you really loved me then just the thought of hiding something from me that big would sicken you. But no more, I'm giving you one more chance. It's either me or her."

     Caroline walked over to me and unexpectedly cried and gave me a hug. Surprisingly, I hugged her too.

     "I'm so sorry I did this. I'm better than this, but she's blackmailing me and I stupidly aloud her. I should've told you right away, but I didn't and I'm terribly sorry.", I smiled a little bit trying to hide my disgust towards my mother.

     "What the hell is this? Are you two seriously bonding, right now? I cannot believe this.", my mother rolled her eyes.

     I just ignored her grab and left the room in a hurry.

     "Damon, please just hear me out. Let me at least tell you why, I deserve that much.", I turned around seeing my mother on the balcony.

     "No, you don't.", I said as entered the car and tell driver to drive me on the airport.

     As I drived to the airport I didn't feel that overwhelming heart wrenching feeling come. I'm not angry as I should be. In a fucked up way I'm happy my mother has done this to me.

     When I arrived back where she was, to explain her everything, I didn't know how. I just stood there and watched her from a distance, but everything felt okay again, and I think I fell in love again.

A/N

Heyy! Did you like this chapter?