Chapter 61: Love Isn't Suppose To Hurt

It was already past midnight when I arrived back at the house, so I slipped my shoes off before padding down the stairs. I didn’t want to alert anyone to my presence.

     Much to my dismay, Dean was still here and awake. He must waited for me. Dean lifted his head when he heard my quiet footsteps, and his forehead immediately wrinkled in concern when he saw my red-rimmed eyes.

     "Bonnie? What happened? Are you okay? Where have you been?", he asked, pushing his chair away from the table and standing.

     I sniffled and offered him a watery smile, then combed my hair back with my fingers with a long sigh.

     "Yeah, Dean. I’m okay. Um, I was in castle to see Damon. I decided to listen to your advice and to not give up on my soulmate. But he just sent me home and told me that he doesn't want to see me ever again.", I replied.

     My voice shook and I knew I sounded pathetic, but I couldn’t stop the tiny sob that rose up in me when I thought of that argument with Damon.

     Dean's expression softened and before I knew it he was pulling me into his arms. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his waist and held on tightly, sobbing into his chest.

     Exhausted from all the crying I’d already done, my tears were short-lived. Dean, however, held me until I finally pulled myself away from him.

     "I’m sorry your shirt’s all wet.", I sniffled, wiping my nose on the back of my hand.

     Dean reached out and brushed my hair back over my shoulder, and when I looked up he was giving me a soft, kind smile.

     "It’s okay. That’s what friends are for, right?", I smiled tiredly, nodding. "Now, come on.", Dean continued. "Let's get you to bed. I’m sure you’re exhausted...it’s late and you’ve had a rough night.", nodding again, I let Dean take my hand and lead me through the house to my bedroom, where he pulled my favorite sweatshirt down from it's hanger in the closet and handed it to me.

     "Thanks, Dean. I’ll see you in the morning.", I whispered.

     He pressed a kiss to the top of my head before leaving and shutting the door behind him, leaving mr alone in your bedroom.

     After silently changing into my sweatshirt and a pair of shorts, I crawled into bed and pulled the covers over myself.

     Only minutes had passed before I was crying again, my mind filled with the words that had been said; I could tell that it was going to be a long, tiring night.

     I spent the next few days in my bedroom, only coming out for food and to use the bathroom.

     Both Dean and Will were concerned about me, but I couldn’t help but just want to be alone. After all, I was better off that way.

     Sighing, I rolled out of bed and headed out of my room toward the kitchen. I’d already eaten through the small stash of snack food and soda that was normally hidden in my closet, which meant that now I had no other option, but to cook if I wanted to eat.

     Will and Dean were talking quietly at the galley table when I walked in, but they quickly shut up when they saw me. Eyeing them, I went over to the fridge and looked inside, hoping there would be something good inside.

     "You looking for anything particular?", Dean asked, his voice gruff.

     I glanced over my shoulder at him and shook my head, not missing the glance he gave Will as I turned back to looking in the fridge.