Chapter 29: Secret Lover

Bonnie's P.O.V.

When Damon left the bedroom, Elena came in. What does she want now?

She despises me. I mean, I could see it in her eyes. She looked at me with hatred or jealously; sometimes, both.

She abruptly tugs my arm. "You better stay away from him, Bonnie.", her eyes harshly glaring at mine.

"Damon?"

"Yes, Damon!", she tightened the grip on my forearm.

Then I understood what she was doing: threatening me, again.

"Look, I'm not going to say that I hate you, Bonnie. I just don't like you, alright?", her voice was cruel as she spoke, wanting to make it clear to me.

I send her a small nod. I was okay with it though. She wasn't exactly my favorite person to hang out with, either.

"But...", she spat."I also don't like you hanging around Damon.", my brows furrow, as I protest, telling her that we were friends.

"Friends.", she scoffed. "If you haven't noticed, Bonnie, this isn't a fairy tale. He doesn't like you. He has me, and that's all he needs.", she couldn't tell, but my eyes were pricked with tears.

She knew I couldn't move so she took a chance, but still I pry her fingers off my arm, pushing her off. And then she left.

She's right. This isn't a fairy tale, he doesn't like me. He had Elena, and that's all could he ever want, right?

Damon's P.O.V.

"You can't expect me to do that.", I said to Elena.

"Damon, I'm your girlfriend not her.", she said.

"I know but she's the queen now I can't just leave her like that.", I said.

"Either it's me or her.", Elena said crossing her arms.

I let out a sigh. "Fine, I'll talk to her.", I said.

"Thank you.", she said pecking my lips.

"Bonnie.", I entered the room. "What Elena was doing her?"

"Damon...", she sighed. "She...", she abruptly stopped.

"I know, Bon.", I whispered. "Elena's loud voice tells it all.", her brow raised up at me curiously. "Listen, Bon I need to talk to you.", he said.

"About what?", she asked looking at me with her beautiful big eyes.

"I don't know how to say this.", I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Spill, you know you can tell me anything.", she said taking my hand.

I looked at her. She became my best friend and she's always been there for me, through thick and thin.

Elena's just a girlfriend but Bonnie is my best friend and I would do anything for her just like how she would for me.

"Damon.", she called shaking my hand which was still in hers.

"Umm I just wanted to say that...umm.", I stutter not knowing what to do.

"Anytime today, Damon.", she joked.

"You know what, I'll be right back.", I said.

"Wait what?", she asked confused as I left the bedroom.

"El.", she looked at me.

"Oh, that was quick.", she said.

"I can't leave Bonnie, she been always there for me and I don't want to leave her, I just can't do that to her.", I confessed.

That would kill her, I can risk that she starts to cut again.

"What are you saying?", she asked. "Do you have feelings for her?"

This is when I realised, it hit me like a truck, that teenage girl and that damn book were right. I guess she's my soulmate.

"Elena...it's complicated."

"No, it's not complicated Damon!", she yelled.

"Yeah, maybe I do.", I said finally having the nerve to look up at her.

She then ran away in tears. I let out a sigh. I can't deal with drama right now. I then head to the bedroom.

"You gonna run out on me again?", she asked me, I just shook my head.

"I know you may be mad that I ran out like that but I come bearing food.", I said holding up the bag. "And I have something to tell you. This time for real."

"Okay, but first me. I have happy news.", she smiled. "Sam asked me to be his girlfriend. Secret lover actually, but anyway I said yes.", I could see she was very happy.

I see he makes her happy, which she wasn't for very long time now. So as much as I hate that guy, I'm not ruining this for her.

"What was it you wanted to tell me?", she asked looking at me.

"Um...nothing.", I said.

"Really?", she asked and I nodded.

A/N

This sucks. Just when he finally realized he has feelings for Bonnie, she ended up with someone else.