Chapter 38: She's Not You

Bonnie's P.O.V.

'Are you coming tonight?', I smiled as I read the message from Caroline.

I quickly typed out an 'I’m not sure.’, sending it and waiting for her reply.

'You have to! It's Christmas Eve!’, she messaged back within the minute. 'It won’t be the same without you.’

'I told you, I can’t, plus I have stuff to do.’, I replied, which was a blatant lie.

I had nothing on, in fact I would kill to be able to go and have a good time but I couldn’t. I couldn't watch them. Damon and Elena.

'Fine, your loss.’, was her response.

I sighed and put my phone down on my bed. I hadn’t hung out with Damon in a while and I knew that he thought he’d done something wrong.

I stared up at my ceiling, listening to the sound of my clock ticking on the wall. It was almost 10pm which meant that the party would be starting soon.

This will be my first Christmas here. I wanted to see Damon so badly, but I didn’t want to see him how I’d seen him lately. I didn’t want to see the Damon pressed up against Elena. I didn’t want to see HER Damon.

I shook my head at how pathetic I sounded.

I stood up, grabbing out remote controller and settling down again to watch a Christmas movie. About half an hour into the movie, I heard something tapping on my balcony.

“What the hell?”, I said under my breath, pausing my movie to go check what it was.

I turned around to see Damon standing there, bottle of bourbon in hand. He had a huge cheesy grin on his face. Caroline must sent him.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on the party on the other side of the castle?", I said in a stern voice.

“Oh come on, I know you’re bored. I came for you.”, his smile grew even more and I was surprised that that was possible.

“Why didn’t you just message me or something?”, I was sort of yelling at him.

“Because I knew that if I did that, you’d tell me not to come.”, I furrowed my brow. “You’re coming tonight.I won't let you spend the Christmas Eve alone.”, I shook my head. “Come on, I just came here from the other side of the castle, the least you can do is come with me.”, he said.

I giggled a little.

“Plus everyone’s there...Caroline, Dean and Elena are all waiting for us. They really want you to come.”

'Elena’, I thought to myself, rolling my eyes, and just like that all of my motivation to go vanished.

My smile dropped and he could sense something was wrong.

“Please.”, he said.

He gave me his best puppy dog eyes. I avoided them, not looking down at him.

“Please.”, he repeated. “I really want you to.”

I sighed, uttering a quick “Okay.”, I said.

I wore my long red dress, did my makeup a little and just let my hair down.