Chapter 63: Maybe We Could Be Happy

Bonnie's P.O.V.

"Thanks again for letting me come back.", I thanked Will again.

"Bonnie, I told you I will wait for you and I meant it, but you never did say what happened?", he hinted.

I wanted to tell him, but I had no clue where to begin and plus I really didn't want to start crying.

"I promise I will tell you...another time, okay?", I answered.

He nodded his head and I heard my phone rang again.

"Why don't you answer him?", he questioned, referring to Damon.

I shook my head. "If you knew what happened, you wouldn't answer him either.", I explained.

His mouth went wide. "He didn't hit you, did he?", he questioned, looking concerned.

I then immediately answered. "NO, not at all!", he then sighed.

I heard my phone rang again and I hit ignore again. I wanted to talk to him, but I couldn't believe what he said. I never wanted him to feel the way he must feel, so maybe it's better to just leave and never see him again.

Damon's P.O.V.

I continued calling her, but she wouldn't pick up. My aim in life was to be with her. My job was to protect her. My happiness was to make her happy. My passion was to love her and my craving was to find her.

Dean sat next to me. We were both calling her, but nothing.

Suddenly Caroline entered room and she stopped walking when she saw Dean. They looked each other for a moment before Caroline's fiancee showed up and they left.

"You're in love with my sister, aren't you?", I questioned him, and he nodded. "So why didn't you tell her that before? Why did you leave her?"

"Because.", he paused. "I don't know. I wasn't good for her, I hurt her, you know? I hurt her all the time and I hated myself for it. She was so in love with me and I took advantage of it, I was toxic for her.", he explained to me.

This must have happened last year. Maybe I knew about it, but I forgot. "You hurted my sister?", I asked a little angry.

"Yeah, but I loved her, I still do love her. I think a part of me always will. But she deserved so much more and when I left her, I swear the cracks in her heart were visible through her eyes. You could see the pain she was feeling just by looking at her face. But I guess sometimes, you have to hurt someone to help them.", he said. "Is she happy? With that guy?", he asked me.

"Yeah, I think so.", I answered.

Will's P.O.V.

"Where are you going?", Bonnie asked me, her voice was faint since she haven't spoke for a little while.

I bent back down and looked into her eyes with concern. "I'm going to get us something to eat.", I said. "I'll be right back."

"Okay.", she nodded and let go of my wrist.

Minutes later, I came back with two plates full of food. The scent of the food made Bonnie's mouth water.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I placed the food on the table and left to answer it. When I opened the door, I instantly wished I hadn't.

It was Damon. He was standing there. He looked at me with sorrow and sadness in his blue eyes.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame. "You have a lot a nerve to show your face around here, your majesty.", I snapped at him.