Chapter 32: The Walls Have Ears

Caroline's P.O.V.

"So, how's things with you and that guy? Sam, right?", I asked her.

"Yeah, things are great between us.", she looked at me confused.

"Good, that's good...umm.", I didn't know should I say it or not.

"Care, I can see something's on your mine. So spit it out!", she said.

"Umm...Damon...", I immediately stopped, because it's not on me to tell her that. "Never mind. Just forget that I said anything.", I said, leaving her confused.

Damon's P.O.V.

"Did you hear that scream?!", I burst into bedroom.

"Yes, I'm the one who screamed.", Bonnie said, standing on her feet.

"Oh my God, Bon! You can walk!"

"Yeah.", she was wearing her beautiful smile, that could cure the cancer.

"So, how are you feeling?"

"I'm great! No pain.", she said with a soft and adorable giggle.

I swear she was an angel.

"This weekend, me and Sam..."

Ugh, Sam.

I hate him so much, I swear it isn't even humanly possible to hate someone as much as I hated Sam. I hated every single thing about him. His stupid long brown hair and oh my God that height.

And the worst thing? The way he treated Bonnie. I like Bonnie. I like her so damn much. So when he treats her like trash, I'm obviously going to be upset.

"Don't you think, Damon?"

"What?"

"Did you phase out again?"

"Sorry."

"Anyways, I was saying about how Caroline really hates Sam and she didn't even meet him and it's just unfair, right?", that's my fault, I guess.

"Oh. Yeah, yeah...", I nodded. "By the way, did she tell you anything about me?", I asked.

"No...but she acted so weird today. Why?"

"Never mind.", I faked smile.

"Anyway, Sam is taking me out on a date today! I'm so excited!"

"Oh, finally.", I said with a huff.

"What do you mean?"

"He barely takes you out, Bon. It's like, a miracle when he does."

"He's just busy."

This is what really gets me. Sam doesn't even care about Bonnie that much. He barely takes her out, and when he does, he's late or doesn't show up at all. I would never do that.

"Really?! Doing what?"

Caroline's P.O.V.

"Oh my God, finally!", I said when I saw Damon leaving his bedroom, I looked for him everywhere.

"What do you want now?", he asked annoyed.

"I need you to answer me one question, but be honest with me.", I demand.

"Speak."

"Are you in love with her?", I asked him, waiting for an answer.

"Who?", he played stupid.

"Bonnie, you idiot.", he was silent and I already knew the answer.

"Oh my God!", I screamed. "You're in love!", he covered my mouth with his hand.

"Shhh, the walls have ears, Care. Plus I'm not in love with her.", he uncovered my mouth.

"Admit you like her!", I shouted again.

"Oh, come on! Am I attracted to her? Sure. Do my days feel better when I'm around her? Yeah. Does she gets me in ways no woman ever has? Indubitably. Do I fantasize about her? Yes, but only in two positions. But do I like her? The answer is no.", he practically said that he liked her, but I could see he's scared, terrified actually.

"Damon, she won't break you like those other girls would. That's exactly why you're terrified of her. She could make you happy. And you know being happy is the most terrifying thing in the universe. Once you're happy it can be taken from you.", I explained to him, but it seemed like he didn't listen. "Are you even listening?", I was angry.

"Yes, it just takes me a while to process so much stupidity all at once.", he tried to be funny, but as sure as hell it wasn't funny to me.

I'm trying to help him, but all he's keeping doing is hiding his feelings.

"You're such a dick! I'm trying to help you, I really do. But you just keep hiding your feelings towards her. I bet she doesn't know that you and Elena broke up?!", no answer from him. "Of course, she doesn't!", I laughed. "You better tell her everything, before she finds out from someone else. Like you said, the walls have ears, brother!", I said, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

Damon's P.O.V.

I want to tell her what I feel about her. About how it kills me, that I can't hug her, kiss her lips. Oh, I would treat her like a lady, like she deserves to be treated. Unfortunately I can't , I hate that I can't.

Why does every time I want to tell her I can't find the right words? Why do I feel so nervous? Why can't I just say I'm in love with her? Why can't she just see what I'm trying to tell her and let me love her...?