Chapter 20: Keep It A Secret

I ran to my bedroom and then I bumped into somebody. It was Caroline.

"Bonnie? What's wrong? Are you okay?", she asked me.

"Yeah, Care. Why wouldn't I be?", I smiled.

"Because you run through the castle at midnight and I see you cried. So tell me what's wrong?", she was persistent.

I figured she probably wouldn't give up. "Come.", I caught her by the hand and pulled into her room.

As soon as I closed the door, I asked her. "Can you help me get away from this castle?"

"Wait, what? Why?", she asked, surprised. "Everyone will go crazy, especially Damon. He'll find you wherever you go.", she explained to me.

"That's why I run, Care. From Damon, from all of you.", I replied to her.

"What are you talking about?", she asked me confused.

"Damon lied to me, Care. All of you actually. He has a girl he really loves, and I just stand on their way and he's on mine. I want to find true love, I want to live life and to follow my dreams. But as long as I'm in this castle I can't do anything about it.", I explained to her.

She was silent, she wasn't surprised. At all. And then I realized.

"Oh my God, you knew about this, didn't you? Did you know she had a girlfriend?", I asked her angry.

"Bonnie, I knew, but I thought they broke up and...", I stopped her automatically.

"Get out.", I said quietly.

"What?"

"I told you to get out!", I yelled.

"Bonnie, I'm...", she started again.

"Now!", I pointed toward the door.

This time she listened to me and left my room.

Damon's P.O.V.

I walked to her room and heard shouting. As soon as I caught the door handle they opened. It was Caroline. She left her room, and as soon as she saw me she slapped me.

"Shame on you.", she said and walked away.

I suppose Bonnie told her everything.

I knock on her door, and she immediately answers. "Go away!"

But I didn't listen, I opened the door.

"I told you to go away. I don't want to see you.", she turned her head to the other side.

"Bonnie, I know you hate me and...", she interrupted me.

"I don't exactly hate you, but if you were on fire and I had a water, I'd drink it."

"Fair enough.", I said approaching her closer. "I never wanted to hurt you, and I'm really sorry."

"Your apology doesn't mean anything to me.", she still didn't want to look at me.

I lost my patience. "Listen, I really hate saying sorry. But when I do, I honestly do mean it."

"Fine.", she replied.

"I'm sorry you find out in this way. I was really planning to tell you, but I didn't know how. And that kiss...", she immediately cut me of.

"It's okay, I get it. No one ordered you to love me and you don't have to love me.", she said. "But I still want divorce."

"That's currently impossible.", I answered her.

"Why?", she asked.

"It's complicated. Is there something else you want? Anything."

"You have your true love, I want one too.", she said. "So you won't be angry if I find someone?", she asked me.

"I won't, as long as you keep it a secret.", I answered her.