Chapter 35: Pregnancy

Elena's P.O.V.

"Gaining a bit a weight I see?", Sam questioned poking my stomach gently. "Maybe we should put you on a diet."

"Haha, very funny! I'm not gaining weight. I'm simply filling out.
I don't see how I've put weight on with this cold.", my stomach always feels empty and I migraines.

"Cold? You don't look sick, maybe it's all in your head.", I rolled my eyes.

"Good evening, doctor. So what's wrong with me?"

"When was your last period, Elena?", I've only ever had a few periods a year, not monthly like normal.

It's weird but I'm thankful for the gift.

"A few months ago. I don't get them regularly. Why?", why does she care when the last time my period was?

"Have you been feeling sick? Or maybe dizzy?"

"Yeah, I've got a cold? Why are you asking me these questions?"

"I noticed you had been throwing up. You were complaining about your stomach pain and change of sleeping patterns.", she said.

"Okay?", so I've had the cold for a week or two?

Colds can lasts a month, right?

"I think you might be pregnant.", she rushed.

"What?", she's joking, right?

"But I still have to test you.", she said. "I know you probably are afraid of the results, but if you are pregnant there are precautions we need to make to ensure you and the babies safety. "

"Doctor. I can't be pregnant.", Damon and I haven't had sex in over a month, I can't be pregnant, right?

What if she's right? My life would be a reality TV show. Oh, God. There's always the high chance that I'm not.

And suddenly one idea came up to my mind. Damon Salvatore will be mine again.

...

"Elena, what are you doing here?", Damon asked when he saw me in the hallway.

"I need to tell you something."

"Okay, speak."

"Can we go back up to your room?", I hope he isn't angry.

What if he leaves me and the baby? What if he doesn't want to keep it? I'm keeping my baby no matter what.
It's a live I'd be taking. A growing, soon to be breathing human being. That'd be murder, not that murder isn't common these days.

"Yeah. Of course."

I shut the door behind us and shut my eyes briefly. I try to forget all of the negative out comes by thinking about finally being a part of Salvatore family.

"What's going on, Elena?"

"I've been...I don't want you to hate me. I'm afraid you won't want to even see my face any more.", my throat swells and a son comes out.

I frantically wipe my eyes, trying to clear my tear stained vision. It doesn't help though, not even when I shut them. My arm sleeve quickly gets soaked when I cover my eyes with it.

"Are you the person who sends Bonnie threatening messages?"

"I couldn't never do that, even if I wanted to.", I choked out feeling my throat turn raw due to the extreme sobbing.

"So why would I hate you? What happened?", he rubbed my back, attempting to comfort me.

"I-I'm, I took a test."

"Um? Did you pass?", he asked with an unsure tone of voice.

"Yeah, you could say that.", my face is starting to heat up.

"Then why're you upset?"

"It was a-a p-pregnancy test.", he stopped rubbing my back, and I think he might have stopped breathing. "Damon?"

"Y-You're? And we. I'm...it's...your...my we."

"I'm sorry.", he's mad.

He has to be. He hasn't moved, he's not even talking straight. He hates me.

"For what?"

"I don't know? For being pregnant.", why am I apologizing?

We both did this.

"I'm not mad. Oh my God no. I'm...Excited? Happy? Relieved you aren't dying.", he squeezed me gently, avoiding my stomach. "I'm going to be a daddy."

"Damon. I'm scared.", I said as he kneels in front of me.

He lifts my shirt and kisses my stomach causing me to smile at his cuteness. He's going to be mine, finally.

"I won't let anything happen to either of you. We're going to have little baby.", he spoke once he's stood back up.

He kisses my cheek.

"So do you want? A boy or a girl?", he asked pulling me to sit on the bed.

"I won't care as long as it's alive.", I reply resting my head on his shoulder.

"What about you?"

"Probably a girl. I've always liked the idea of having a daughter.", he kissed my head and grabbed my hand. "Elena, we've got to tell everyone."

"What if they get mad at us?", he can't just expect us to tell them right away.

"My mother always wanted a grandchildren."

"Yeah, but from me.", he laughed while standing pulled me to my feet.

"Leave that to me.", he winked as we entered the living room.

Damon cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention immediately. Bonnie was there too, this should be fun.

"So Elena and I have an announcement.", he looked at me.

"Yeah. You can say it."

"Elena is pregnant."

Everyone looked surprised. I felt offended honestly.

"I told you this was a bad idea.", I whispered.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!", I looked up to see Caroline happily clapping her hands against her leg.

"I can't wait to meet my grandchild.", Helena acted happy, but I knew she wasn't, at all.

That woman is a snake.

"You know Caroline you could be it's godmother.", Damon said wrapping an arm around me.

Bonnie just looked from a far. Her eyes were watery.

Suddenly she caught Damon's eyes, they just looked at each other for awhile and then she left the room. How rude!

Bonnie's P.O.V.
2 weeks later...

It's been two weeks, since I found out about Elena's pregnancy, she even moved in here, in the castle. I haven't really talked to Damon, but I've with Caroline and Dean. They knew I was hurt by what happened with Damon and they tried to be there for me.

The Christmas party was coming up, which meant that I would see Damon for the first time since everything, I can't avoid him anymore. I still couldn't believe that he lied to me like that. I felt betrayed because he confessed his feelings and for him to do that to me, I just didn't understand.

I knew that I needed to move on and so I decided I was going to have a date to the party, Sam.