Chapter 49: I'm So Sorry

Bonnie's P.O.V.

     "You shouldn't play with guns.", I said smirking.

     "Who said I was playing?", she frowned.

     "Let me get this straight...you, Elena, know how to handle a gun?", I asked skeptically.

     She shot the wall, about the centimeter from my ear and I just froze. "I could've put that through your forehead. Now, you'll do as I say.", she smiled at me.

     "Let me guess...You want me to stay away from Damon?", I asked smiling.

     "Oh, honey. That's only a little part of what I want.", she mocked me. "I don't want you just to stay away from him, I want you to divorce him and dissappear forever, is that clear?"

     "No.", I said.

     "Excuse me?"

     "I said no!", I raised my voice.

     "I don't think I heard you right.", she laughed.

     "Oh, you heard me alright. And I'll tell you again, a hundred times no!", I yelled.

     "Then I'll have to kill you.", she pointed the gun at me again, but she didn't shoot.

     I could see fear in her eyes, I don't think she could do it.

     "Come on, do it. It's what you've been waiting for, isn't it?", I asked her. "So go on. Pull the trigger!"

     "Elena, no!", we heard very familiar voice and as I turned to see who it was Elena came from my back and put a gun against my head.

     "Let her go, Elena!", Damon was furious, Sam was there too.

     "Yeah...not going to happen.", she said. "Why are you so obsessed with her anyway?"

     "Elena, please!", Damon begged her.

     "You said you were interested in me. You lied. You said you fell in love with me. You lied. You told me I was everything to you. You lied. You told me you didn't feel anything for anyone except me. You lied. You told me you would never leave me. You lied. I told you I wouldn't kill her if you broke up with me for her. Guess what? I lied too.", her voice cracked.

     "You don't have to do this, El.", Sam started, coming a little closer to us.

     Tears stung her eyes. She breathed deeply, still holding the gun at my skull. "I wish that were true."

     "You could spare her, be the hero or whatever.", Damon begged. "Please, show mercy."

     "Mercy?", she laughed. "You didn't show mercy to me when you left me after everything we've been through. And because of what? Her! Because you had little stupid crush on her! And now I have to watch her living my life?!", she was going crazy. "So tell me, why should I show mercy?"

     I couldn't take this anymore. I stepped on her right foot as hard as I could. She let me go, and I took a chance to grab a gun and aim it at her.

     "Don't move.", I said to her.

     She threw her head back and laughed. "I've got other plans for you, pretty little Bonnie.", she smiled coming closer.

     "Rot in hell."

     "Say goodbye.", she reached into her pocket and pulled out another gun, aiming at me.

     I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger first. I didn't know did I shot her, but when I heard Sam cry I knew I did.

     When I looked at her lifeless body, I felt like I'm drowning and I couldn't breathe. I gasped and convulse as Sam screamed her name. I stared at gun as I drop it on the floor.

     "No! Elena! No baby!!! Please! No! You!", he forced himself to look away from her bloody body.

     He glared at me. "You're dead to me.", he pulled Elena close to him and sobbed. "Why did it have to be you?", he cried into her shoulder. "I loved you. I love you still. Baby, please. I should've told you what you meant to me.", Damon came up behind him and touched his shoulder.

     "Sam..."

     "Don't say it's okay, Damon! Don't you dare say it's okay! She's dead because of me. It's all my fault.", he picked Elena up, cradling her body in his arms.

     He went outside and we after him. Sam placed her body in the backseat of his car.

     "I'm sorry, Sam.", I whispered, tears running down my cheek. "I'm so sorry!", he just looked at me without any emotion in his eyes.

     Then he climbed into the drivers and left.

A/N

I don't know if you expected this or not. One more chapter left till the end.