000. ꕥ Extemded Summary

"If you love deeply, you're going to get hurt badly. But it's still worth it."

-C.S. Lewis   

❣︎

Going to Earth. A dream that Jo Murphy thought would never come true. She has spent her whole life inside, she's never even been outside of her family's quarters until she got arrested for the crime of being a second child. This meant that she never got to have the chance to be a normal kid. She never got to have play dates, normal friends, or crushes. That privilege was given to her twin brother.

John Murphy.

Even though they are twins, John was given the chance to be a somewhat normal kid. That's just how it had to be, parents aren't allowed to have two kids on the Ark. Their parents, however, weren't willing to give up the younger of the twins. So, they hid her. In a secret compartment, they had in their quarters to be exact, which had been working for the last thirteen years.

After her Father was floated for stealing medicine to save Jo and her brother, their Mother went off the rails and eventually drank herself to death. And Jo was forced to watch because she could not leave their quarters, no matter what. To make matters worse her brother walked in on the horrific sight of what was going on.

Then... things got hard for the two teenagers. It was harder to hide Jo. It was harder to get rations to eat. It was harder to survive. Eventually, after about a year since their parents' deaths, Jo was found during a surprise inspection. John was all alone. After about a year John Murphy had enough of being alone so, he goes to both the arresting officer for his Father's crime and the arresting officer for Jo's 'crime' quarters and he sets both on fire.

Now both John and Jo Murphy are in the SkyBox. At least they got to be together right? Until one day, a hundred of the juvenile prisoners, including Jo and John, are being sent to the ground.

They are going to Earth.

❣︎