052. ꕥ Damn Acid Fog

Raven looked through binoculars at the outside of Mount Weather, looking for the satellite tower we're supposed to be blowing up. We stopped on this little patch of grass on the side of the mountain to see how close we were to the tower.

"There. I see it." Raven announced as she lifted her arm to point up in the distance.

Clarke came up to her right, and Raven handed her the binoculars and she held them up to her eyes. When she took them away, she shook her head. "It'll be dark soon. We'll never spot the traps. We should set up camp here. Leave at first light."

While Clarke was talking, she handed the binoculars to Abby, and now the older woman was looking through them. Abby gave the binoculars to Raven, and when she turned back, she announced, "We're missing two." Abby turned back to her daughter. "Where are they? Clarke," Abby started. "we are in enemy territory, and their lives are my responsibility."

When Raven came up beside me, I joked, "They're not going to get killed. Has Abby even met them?"

"They went to find a way in." Clarke informed her.

"A way in?" Abby questioned. "That's not what this mission is about."

"It is for them." Clarke said simply.

Abby paused and looked at her daughter for a moment. She then turned back to the two guards. "Find them. Bring them back."

The guards obviously obliged. "Yes, ma'am. You two with me, let's go."

I noticed Finn grab a gun. "I'm going with them."

Raven, Clarke, and I moved quickly in trying to stop Finn. Clarke was the first one to speak. "Finn, wait."

I spoke next. "I don't think so."

Raven was the one to actually block Finn's path. "We need you here."

"Why?" Finn questioned. He then turned his head to me. "So you can keep an eye on me?"
Next, Finn turned to Clarke. "You'd have to be able to look at me to do that." He turned his head back to me. "Or at the very least talk to me."

Raven took a step closer to Finn. "Finn..."

Finn pushed back away from Raven, now having a tick in his voice. "What do you think I'm gonna do?"

Kill more people, I thought to myself.

Finn looked at each of us before storming off. He threw the gun off to the side and kept walking away.

I took a deep breath. "I'll go talk to him."

Starting to take a step forward, it was Clarke who stopped me. "No. I'll go get him." With that, she was off too.

Around me, the guards that were left started to set up a camp by putting tents up. I tried doing what I could, but I wasn't too much help. I ended up sitting on a rock, looking at the vast forest ahead of me.

My thoughts ended up going to Finn and how much he's changed. I know I'd said that a lot but... the more time I spend with him, the more I notice changes. Even if I was mad at him, I was still worried. Not even that he's going to hurt someone — well, of course I'm worried about that, but what I'm also worried about what his actions are doing to Finn's mind. There was no way that he was okay. Now more than ever, I could see the regret in his eyes; I never saw that until now. This couldn't be good for Finn's mental state, and that was what scared me the most out of everything.

My thoughts were interrupted by a noise coming from Abby's radio. I shot up from my seat and rushed to her, Raven doing the same. It sounded like Clarke.