031. ꕥ Lying to Yourself

"Each group takes someone with a gun, they're for killing Grounders, not food

"Each group takes someone with a gun, they're for killing Grounders, not food. We don't have the ammo." Bellamy's voice boomed throughout the first floor of the Dropship. "Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can and be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark."

It was decided by Clarke and Bellamy that we all have to hunt for more food. Most of what was left burned in the fire, and as Clarke put it, 'We can't defend ourselves if we're starving'.

You could tell everyone was on edge. We had to leave the safety of our walls to hunt for more food. It's not something I was totally thrilled about, but it has to be done. Standing by where all the weapons are, I decided to grab a spear and go in search of a group. I didn't feel like being with anyone I actually knew, and I still didn't want to face Bellamy, so I decided to just join a random group.

Unfortunately, things never go the way I have planned.

I felt someone come up beside me, and I didn't even have to look to know who it was. "You're coming with me."

I closed my eyes and sighed in defeat yet again today before turning to Bellamy and trying to come up with some excuse. "I was actually..."

Trailing off, I couldn't think of a good enough excuse to give Bellamy, causing him to raise an eyebrow at my horrible lying skills. "Do you already have someone to go with?"

"I was actually going to help Raven." I said overly assertively, nodding my head in agreement with myself.

"Really? Then why were you holding a spear?" Bellamy nodded toward the spear in my hand.

I glanced at the spear before looking back up to Bellamy. "You never know who you might run into in this camp."

Bellamy just shook his head and smiled at me. "Right."

"See, it seems totally reasonable." I said, assuring myself more than Bellamy. Shaking my head at my stupidity, I gave up on my lie. "You know what, I'm just going to find a group."

Turning around to face the middle of the Dropship, I saw that it was completely empty. This had Bellamy asking with an even more teasing smile on his face, "What group exactly are you going with?"

"Fine." I rolled my eyes while turning back to him. "But I'm not killing an animal. So I'm getting the gun."

"You're gonna kill Grounders and not animals?" Bellamy questioned.

"Yes." No, maybe. Truth is, I don't really want to kill anything. I was praying that we weren't going to run into any Grounders. "Now give me your gun, and let's go."

"Okay." Bellamy obliged, obviously skeptical about the fact that I was getting the gun. He took the gun hanging around his shoulder and lifted it over his head, handing it to me.

I took it willingly and lifted the strap over my head. It's too loose for my liking, so I go to tighten it, only I can't figure out how. Bellamy took matters into his own hands, moved my hands away, and tightened the strap for me.