101. ꕥ Bellamy Blake

The only thing that Bellamy has ever wanted to do was protect people, specifically the people he cared about most

The only thing that Bellamy has ever wanted to do was protect people, specifically the people he cared about most. That always has and will probably always be his goal — or, as he sees it, his purpose in life. Ever since he was a kid, that's all he has done. He protected Octavia — my sister, my responsibility, he would always say. He never thought that he would care about someone as much as he cared about Octavia, but that wasn't the case anymore.

Joanna Murphy became another huge priority in Bellamy's life. She was someone he had grown to care for so much, and he would do anything, anything, to make sure that she was safe. Bellamy sided with Pike because he believed that was the best way to protect Jo. He was the one to convince Pike that she was an asset and made sure that she wasn't sentenced to death alongside Kane, Lincoln, and Sinclair. And he had protected her countless times before that, whether she noticed or not.

He cared about her so much — no, Bellamy didn't just care about her; care was too simple of a word. He loved her, and still, he felt that word didn't do justice to how he felt about her. He loved her so much that it physically hurt him. He couldn't explain it either. He could barely fathom how much he loved her, let alone explain it. All he knew was that he loved her, that she was why his heart kept beating, she was his hope, and he was afraid that she didn't fully comprehend that.

No matter what he had to do, good or bad, and no matter the consequences, Bellamy Blake would protect Jo with everything he had, and that would never change.

After Raven had popped her shoulder out of the socket, gnawing at the cloths that covered her cut wrist, causing her wounds to bleed, Clarke decided that the three left should watch over Raven and take turns doing so. Jasper had snapped at the blond, telling her that she didn't give the orders anymore. While Clarke was on the first watch, Bellamy had taken this time to go up to Jasper, which ultimately ended with Jasper calling Bellamy a hypocrite because of what he had done. Then, ALIE, as Raven, started saying things to Clarke, resulting in the blond being dragged out of the room.

And now they were here. Bellamy and Jasper each sat in a chair with a table in between them, taking their turn in watching Raven. Jasper sat with his head propped up by his arm resting on the table as Bellamy sat with his hands together, staring off, hoping that Jo and his sister would be okay. It was silent for a while. The only noises would be when Raven shifted in the bed, peering at something that wasn't there.

"Look at your united front." Raven spoke mockingly as her eyes settled on Jasper, choosing him as her first target. "Tell me, why do you give Bellamy a pass for murdering your girlfriend? What was her name?"

"Don't talk about Maya." Jasper said, agitation already building up inside of him.

Bellamy looked over at the Jordan boy. "You don't have to listen to this."

"Let's protect Jasper. Jasper's so sensitive. Jasper's lost someone. Everyone, cater to his feelings. We've all lost someone. You don't see us falling apart. You don't see us getting wasted. Being useless."