044. ꕥ Finally Out

I was ready. Or at least I think I am. I was prepared to go through this surgery and get this bullet out. I am.

I lay on the bed, flat on my back, staring up at the ceiling. I was frigid; the only layer of clothing I had on was my thin shirt and bottom underwear. I took deep breaths in and out to try and warm myself up and get ready for what was about to happen. Bellamy sat in the chair next to the bed. I had a tight grip on his hand with my fingers intertwined with his as we waited for Abby. I was terrified, to say the least, but Bellamy being here eased my nerves slightly.

Abby and Jackson — someone I found extremely friendly — were in the last stages of getting everything ready. I knew it was only a matter of time before we began.

I just let out a deep breath when Abby came beside me and whispered. "We're almost ready."

I barely nodded my head; I wasn't even sure Abby saw it. I kept my eyes on Bellamy's as they gave me a comfort I never knew I needed.

"You got this." Bellamy nodded his head at me and smiled at me, but I could tell by his voice that he was worried, which made me worry.

I gave him a watery smile back. The tears were already starting to form in my eyes, and the pain hadn't even started yet.

"Okay." Abby whispered, coming up to the left side of the bed. "Are you ready?"

I looked back to Bellamy, and he nodded again in support, which was something I needed right now. "Yeah, I'm ready."

I felt Abby take hold of my leg. The coolness of her hands made me shiver. Taking one last deep breath, my eyes settled on Bellamy. I tightened the already tight grip I had on his hand. Having Bellamy be able to be here meant more than I ever could describe.

Then, Abby started. I thought getting shot and bleeding out under the Dropship was the worst pain I ever felt. I was wrong. Taking the bullet out hurt even worse.

There was an unimaginable pain that shot through my body. I felt like I couldn't breathe like I couldn't do anything but scream. That was all I did: scream. That was the only thing I could do — the only sound that could come out of my mouth.

I tugged against the restraints that held me down. Tears were streaming down my face as Abby kept going. My eyes stayed locked on Bellamy as I kept gasping in pain. "You're doing so good." Bellamy assured. If I could, I'd smile at him and how encouraging he was being.

I looked in his eyes, really looking for a distraction. I did find something else to think about, but I wouldn't call it a distraction. Bellamy's eyes. I'd never seen them this close and actually, be able to focus on them. They're a beautiful brown, a rich soil color. They had something in them... hope. That's what's in Bellamy's eyes; hope. Even after everything that's happened, there's still hope in Bellamy Blake's eyes.

It was immense pain that pulled me out of my thoughts as Abby kept going. It felt like she had been doing this forever. It felt like it was never going to stop, that the pain would never stop. I wanted to yell and plead for Abby to stop, but I knew I couldn't do that but unfortunately, the pain got the best of me.

"Stop!" I pleaded in between screams. "Please, stop!"

When Abby didn't immediately stop, Bellamy shot up from his chair. His voice was koud and made me wince a little. "She said stop!"