069. ꕥ Revelations

My pace was rushed as I walked from engineering back to the tech room. Raven had told me we needed a part, and I was to get it. She offered to get the part, but I told her it was no problem and that she should probably stay there in case Bellamy needed her. I wanted to get back to the tech room as quickly as possible, so I would miss as little as I could. I did not want to miss anything and be out of the loop.

Turning a corner, I saw Abby. I didn't think much of it until she stopped me and noticed the note in her hand. My breathing quickened slightly — the last note I read was not a happy one.

"Did you know your brother is going to the City of Light with Thelonious?" She held out the note, and I skimmed over the words. It said something about finding the City of Light and how Jaha was going to save us all. When I looked up, Abby's eyes met mine as they were filled with regret that I didn't let Raven get this damn part.

"I did." I said before I tried to step away, but Abby blocked my path.

"Wait. Hold on a second."

"Abby." I sighed, looking at the older woman. "I need to get back to Raven."

"You didn't go with him?" I knew she was referring to my brother before she even said it. "Your brother."

I pursed my lips in a tight line. "He didn't give me the chance." My voice was quiet as I refused to meet the eyes of Abby. "Jaha, my brother and I went to the Dropship, and when I woke up the next morning, they were gone. The only reason I know where they're going is because John gave me a note." There was a bitterness in my words; it wasn't meant to be directed towards Abby. It was referring to the whole situation of my brother leaving me. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make sure the man your daughter sent into Mount Weather doesn't die." My words came out harsher than I meant. Talking about my brother leaving me just put me in a bad mood.

❣︎

Other than my talk with Abby, the duration of my day had been spent in the tech room with Raven. I've been helping her with whatever she needed. I also worked on the tone generators because, as Clarke said, two were not enough.

I now stood in front of our map of Mount Weather with the radio in my hand, directing Bellamy per Raven's directions. We had successfully made Bellamy mobile, so now we could navigate him as he moved through the vents. Clarke, who had still not gone to Tondc, stood next to me on my left.

I pressed down on the button and spoke into the radio. "Okay. Tell us where you're at now."

"At an intersection. Which way?" Bellamy asked.

Raven started pointing at the map with her pen. "He just passed the air filtration system on this floor, which puts him about here."

I brought the radio back up to my mouth. "We think you're getting close, Bellamy. The lab should be just up ahead."

"Any chance you could be more specific?" At Bellamy's words, I looked up to Raven, who had a stumped look on her face like she didn't know what to say. Luckily, she didn't have to say anything. "Never mind. I got this."

I let out a loud huff of air before a peculiar sound came from the radio. It also grabbed the attention of Raven and Clarke. The three of us all had the same confused expression on our faces. As I heard Bellamy shuffling through the vents, the noise got louder, and I could identify what the noise was.

"Is that a drill?" Raven's face scrunched as she moved to my right.

"That's what I was thinking." I said quietly.

Clarke had a look of realization on her face. "Bone marrow extraction."

"What? Our blood wasn't good enough?" I sassed with my voice still quiet.