094. ꕥ Cue The Listening

Not long after the debacle at the front gate, Kane had singled, notifying me that I had to meet him in the utility room. That was my current destination — getting to the utility room as quickly and discreetly as possible. The utility room was still the resting place of the radio that was connected to the Chancellor's office.

Even after the life-changing information I had been given this morning, I still had a job to do. I couldn't let the fact that I was pregnant dictate my responsibilities. I couldn't let it stop me from trying to get Bellamy to come to his senses. Now, more than ever, I wanted him to see the wrong in his actions, but either way, I still will do what needs to be done to put an end to Pike's rule. 

My pace was rushed as I was making hasty steps through the Ark, and when I finally made it to the utility room, I checked the hallway to make sure no one saw me, pulled open the door, and walked inside. When I walked in, I was met with the turning heads of Kane, Miller, and Harper, who were all around the radio. The conversation that had been presumably happening halted at my presence.

"Well, don't stop just because of me." I gave a small sheepish smile.

Kane looked in my direction before he inquired, "What happened at the gate? We heard gunshots."

My stomach dropped slightly as my face fell at the mention of what happened this morning because it still weighed heavily on my mind. What happened with Bellamy shooting those two Grounders was replaying in my mind over and over. What also kept replaying in my mind was the decision I had made about not telling him. I just kept wondering whether it was the right decision or not.

At first, I was hesitant to answer Kane, not really knowing how to describe what I saw this morning, along with a mixture of the news still running through my head. After a moment, I walked over to stand next to Harper, who had been newly added to our faction courtesy of me, before speaking through a sigh. "Bellamy shot two Grounders."

"Were they attacking us?" Miller quizzed.

"No." I answered through a hard breath. "They came here to tell us about the blockade the Commander set up around Arkadia. They said that anyone caught outside of it would be killed without hesitation. They also killed two of our guards and brought back their bloodied uniforms. They wanted Pike. Said if he went with them, then they'd lift the blockade."

Harper adjusted herself beside me. "Wait. What blockade?"

"It's because of the army Pike massacred." Answered Kane.

"Yeah." I muttered. "And Bellamy."

No one other than Harper seemed to hear what I had said, and it had the blond looking over at me with a worried look on her face. I gave her my own look to tell her that I was fine even though, in reality, I really wasn't. There were a few minutes of silence between the four of us, and it left me to indulge in my thoughts, which I didn't want to do, but it happened. I had also moved from my place beside Harper to the chair that sat across from Miller, the same spot I was in when I was here last.

"Meeting beginning." Pike's voice pulled me from my thoughts and had me straightening up and leaning closer to the table.

"Our lookouts confirm another three encampments just over that ridge." Bellamy notified, seemingly talking about anyone from the Twelve Clans surrounding us. Hearing his voice caused my heart to clench and had my right hand subconsciously moving to my stomach.

"Well, they're not hiding from us, that's for sure." Pike replied. "How many days can we keep our population fed without being able to send out hunting parties?"