068. ꕥ Our Inside Man

After talking with Clarke, I decided to go outside and get some fresh air. I needed to clear my thoughts, have a moment to myself. I ended up finding myself in the same spot I was when Finn died.

I sat there thinking about all that had happened, processing what my life had become over the last couple of months. I used to be the twin everyone thought was so weird and incredible. I didn't have my own name or anything; I was 'the twin'. Now... I wasn't that person anymore. Obviously, I was still a twin but, I have somewhat of a name for myself. I'm my own person.

I maybe stayed outside for — I don't know, ten minutes until I decided to go back inside. I walked through the Ark and made it easily to the tech room. I was walking through the doorway when I heard his voice.

"Is she with you?"

I came to a complete halt. That's was his voice — his voice. It's like my world stopped right then and there. All the worrying, all the wondering whether Bellamy was alive or not, left my body when I heard his voice. I felt as though I would collapse in relief. Bellamy reached the radio; he's inside Mount Weather; it didn't mean he was completely safe, but he's alive, and that's all that matters.

Raven must've heard me come in because she turned her head back to me with a mixture of excitement and anxiety covering her face. I stared back at her, my eyes moving from her to the radio that she held in her hand.

"Raven..." There it was again. His voice. The voice that I'd been missing for the past two days.

Raven nodded her head towards the radio in her hand as a smile plagued her lips. "I think someone wants to talk to you."

I was still in a state of shock. "I—"

"Talk to him." Raven urged. "You'll regret it if you don't."

I finally moved from my spot and sat on the stool next to Raven. "Just press that button to talk." She explained, pointing at said button. Raven gave me an encouraging smile. "You got this." With that, she left the tech room, leaving me with the radio.

Letting out a shaky sigh, I pressed down on the button and spoke into the radio. "Glad to see you're not dead."

I could hear Bellamy sigh from the other side of the radio. "Me too. I'm sorry for leaving."

"I know." I spoke barely above a whisper. "Have you talked to Clarke? She needs to know you got in."

There was a small amount of urgency in his voice. "I already talked to Clarke. We worked everything out. We're good." There was a pause on his side. "Are you okay? Raven mentioned something about—"

"I'm fine." I cut him off, not wanting to talk about that. "Are you okay?"

In Bellamy's voice, there was an undertone that told me he wasn't okay, but he didn't say anything about it, so neither did I. "I'm okay. I promise."

Promises. I knew Bellamy couldn't promise anything, let alone the fact that he would be okay. I couldn't trust promises not anymore. How many times in my life had John promised to always be with me? Look what happened.

Before shifting in my spot on the stool, I swallowed a lump in my throat. "How are our friends? Monty, Harper, Jasper?"

"All alive." Bellamy assured before adding a quiet, "For now."

"You'll protect them. I know you will." I paused before lifting the radio back up to my mouth. "I wish you were here. Where I know you're safe."

"I do too." Bellamy spoke. "This plan will work."