116. ꕥ Jasper's Death Wish

Waking up early in the morning was seeming to become more of a common occurrence for me. The reason for waking up early this morning was to make sure I had bid all my goodbyes to the people going to the island to make Nightblood.

Yes, Nightblood, the blood of the Commanders, the only kind of genetics that will allow a person to receive the Flame, turns out it's the solution we've been looking for. The night after the rest of Flokru had died, it was discovered that Luna's body was defending against the radiation, all the symptoms Abby and Jackson had reported disappearing within a few hours, and the only thing that separated Luna from the rest was her Nightblood. So now, a group consisting of Abby, Jackson, Raven, Miller, John, Emori, and a couple of other guards were heading to the island where Jaha had discovered ALIE. The older man said that there was a fully functioning lab, and it was the place where Becca originally created Nightblood. The group set to head to the island was preparing to leave this morning.

I had woken up before Bellamy and quietly got changed, successfully getting ready for the day without waking him up. Before I had walked out the door of our room, I stared at him as he peacefully slept, his chest rising almost rhythmically, and I thought about what he had said two nights ago. At the memory, a sad smile plagued my lips as I looked at him a second longer, then walked out of our room and shut the door.

After finding my brother and Emori by the front gate, both ready to go and to lead the way to the island, and giving the two a quick but proper farewell, I started heading towards Medical in search of Raven. And to my luck, when I walked in, I quickly spotted the mechanic talking to Abby. Standing by the entrance to Medical, I waited until the two were done talking before stepping up to Raven.

"Hey, Rave." I smiled brightly at her, Raven giving a more spartan smile in return, turning her body to face me. She waited for me to say something, and for some odd reason, it took me a few moments to get out the words I intended to speak. "I just wanted to say thank you."

Raven's face scrunched in a knowing confusion, having an idea of what I was talking about, but she still asked, "For what?"

"For this." Reaching for the necklace tucked under my shirt, I pulled it out, holding the small pendant between my fingers, showcasing the name etched on it. Her eyes went down, turning her smile into a fuller one before they came back up to mine as I let go, the necklace once again resting against my chest. "Bellamy was the one to give this to me, but I know you made it. So thank you."

"Yeah, no problem." She spoke softly and modestly, the smile on her face not leaving her features even when she said, "You know, Finn was always the creative one when it came to this kind of stuff. I also thought I sorta owed you an apology for being such a bitch."

"Raven, you weren't being a bitch—"

"Yeah. I was." She interrupted, shaking her head in awareness. "And you didn't deserve that. Not with all that you're going through. I'm sorry."

"Well, I appreciate everything you've done for us, Raven. Truly. I don't know how I would've been able to do any of this without you."

"Same here." Said Raven, who reached a hand out to pat my back playfully. "I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to help me out."

A laugh escaped my lips at her words, and once it died down, I spoke in a more serious tone, "Be safe, okay? I'll be seeing you in no time after you save the world."

This time it was Raven's turn to let out a laugh; our cheerful conversation would've lasted longer had it not been for Abby approaching the two of us. She smiled at me before turning her head to Raven, quietly uttering, "Raven, can I speak to Joanna for one minute?" The mechanic's smile died down, looking from Abby to me, nodding once before she walked away and out of Medical. My head turned from the doors she exited to Abby as the older woman asked, "Are you sure you don't want to come with us?"