056. ꕥ It's Only The Begining

It was dark by the time Clarke came back, and it was foggy outside. Clarke had gone to the Commander to confirm our truce with the Grounders. There was a small amount of relief running through my body at the possibility of a truce with the Grounders. We'd been at war with them since we landed, and now we're not; we don't have to worry about them killing us.

I rushed up to the camp entrance and came up next to Bellamy. I watched as the gate slowly opened, and Clarke walked through with two Grounders accompanying her on horses, but they didn't leave.

There was a small gust of wind that went by me — it was Finn rushing up to Clarke. "Are you okay?"

She turned back towards the gate. "Shut the gate." Clarke ordered. By the tone of her voice, I knew something was wrong. I looked to Bellamy before I rushed up to the couple; Bellamy stayed where he was, keeping his gun on the two Grounders. As I got closer, I could hear Clarke tell Finn, "You can't be out here."

"Why? What's wrong?" I demanded as I came up on Finn's right. Clarke didn't answer my question — she didn't even look at me.

I kept walking with them and saw Abby coming up to us, and she hugged her daughter. Bellamy came up on the other side of me, gun still in hand, and around us, a crowd started to form. The people wanted to know if we indeed do have a truce with the Grounders.

When Abby and Clarke pulled away, the older woman asked, "What did she say? Is there a chance for a truce?"

The camp was almost deadly silent waiting to hear Clarke's response. "Yes." She said, but again, I could tell something was wrong.

Finn must've noticed what I had because he asked, "What's wrong?"

My heart was pounding in my chest as Clarke turned to Finn. "They want you." My heart dropped at those three words. "If we want a truce, we have to give them Finn." Murmurs started spreading around camp at Clarke's words.

"So they can what? Kill him?" I spoke up. "No way."

"What the hell are you talking about." Raven spoke up. I hadn't even noticed she was here. I was too focused on what Clarke had to say.

"That's their offer." The blond finalized.

"That's not an offer." Raven fired.

"It's a punishment." Finn concluded. "For what happened at the village. Blood for blood."

Bellamy spoke up for the first time beside me. "That's insane."

"If we refuse..." Abby trailed off.

"They attack." Clarke finished.

More murmurs could be heard from the crowd; there weren't only murmurs anymore; they were more so announcements, saying that we should give Finn to the Grounders. I knew what Finn had done and what he may be now, but there's no way I would let the Grounders kill him.

My eyes darted around camp at all of the people — the people saying we should just give up on Finn. A man stepped forward, with venom in his voice, he spoke. "Give him to the Grounders."

Raven pushed the man back. "Back off!"

Another man tried to step forward behind me, but Bellamy pushed him back. Another person tried to come forward, but this time, I got in their way. I used all my strength to push him back. There was no way I'd let these people get a hold of Finn. A few minutes ago, I was just worried about the Grounders taking Finn, but now I had to worry about our people.

Letting out another grunt, I pushed that person back, and they finally gave up. Just my luck, another person tried to get through. I could only push him back once before I heard a voice. "Spacewalker burned three months of oxygen from the Ark. He should've floated a long time ago! Throw him out."