086. ꕥ Boom

As Bellamy was outside talking to Octavia, I decided to find Raven and see if I could be of any help to her. She was in one of Mount Weather's many tech rooms trying to get the power back on, and according to Raven, this was the room that could do that.

Like every time I worked with Raven, she showed me what to do, and I mimicked her and helped as much as I could. Over the last three months, I'm a tiny bit ashamed to say that I have been spending more time in the training area than the tech room — I still got it... but my time was mostly spent training rather than building. So to the best of my abilities, I helped Raven for just about an hour until we got a radio call that told us we had to go to the Mess Hall.

And that's where Raven and I were speed-walking to now with Gina catching up to us. My eyes glanced up to the lights that were flickering as we turned a corner, and that's when we met up behind Sinclair.

I was rushing side by side with Gina as Raven fell into step with Sinclair and asked, "Why the hell are they calling us off? I got trip circuits all over the grid."

Sinclair shook his head. "Whatever it is, it supersedes fixing the power problem."

"What could be more important than fixing the power? Without power, we can't do or see anything in this damn Mountain." At my words, Raven and Sinclair both looked back at me with uneasy expressions because we all knew something was wrong.

We all kept rushing to the Mess Hall as the light continued to flicker. My mind kept racing about what could be wrong. I had a gut feeling that this had something to do with the summit — there was no way I could know that, but I just had a feeling.

As we entered the Mess Hall, I saw Bellamy, Octavia, and Pike all standing around a table a female Grounder was sitting at. My face scrunched in confusion as to why a Grounder was inside Mount Weather.

As we got closer, I heard Bellamy say, "Okay, if we want to get to Polis before the attack, we have to move."

My face scrunched again in confusion when Bellamy mentioned 'attack' and 'Polis' in the same sentence. So this does have something to do with the summit. As I stood next to Raven, my eyes darted from the Grounder to Bellamy.

"Attack?" Sinclair questioned. "Do we have confirmation of that?"

"We radioed, but no answer." Bellamy replied.

"They may already be dead for all we know." Pikes's tone was impatient, annoyed, way more than usual. He turned to Sinclair and said, "And if they are, we need to be ready to respond."

I immediately knew what he was talking about — the missiles. Mount Weather still had missiles, ones that never got used. I saw what happened when one of those missiles hit Tondc; it was tragic, and there was no way Pike was serious about using them.

Sinclair realized what Pike was insinuating too because he turned to look at Pike. "Don't make this about the missiles."

"This is about survival." Pike rebutted. "We don't have the numbers, but the missiles in this Mountain even the playing field, and you know I'm right."

"You're wrong, actually." I spoke up, taking a step closer. "What are you going to do blow up Polis with Kane, Abby, and Clarke all still there? Start a war with the Grounders who could easily wipe us out?"

I got a pointed look from two people, one of them I expected, Pike. But the other one was Bellamy, out of the corner of my eye I saw give giving me a look I hadn't seen him give me before.

Pike turned his hardened gaze from me back to Sinclair, who said, "Even if I did agree with you, we still don't have the launch codes."

"No," Raven spoke up, causing all heads to turn to  her. "but we have me."