061. ꕥ The Blame

Everyone was scattered around the room doing their own thing

Everyone was scattered around the room doing their own thing. Octavia was with Lincoln, Abby with Kane. Bellamy was standing not too far from me, refusing to leave my side even though I told him I was okay. Clarke stood off by herself, and Raven did the same.

My thoughts were processing what had just happened. I thought, would Raven really try to poison Lexa? Raven wasn't the type of person to do that... was she? I didn't want to believe that she would. Raven was good. I didn't think that she would hurt someone without good reason.

Another part thought about how she threatened to kill my brother. She wanted to give him up to the Grounders so they could kill him. I knew she was just trying to save Finn, but that didn't change the fact that she still did it. She pointed a gun at my brother and thought nothing of it.

Raven had her reasons, but everyone has their reasons if you think about it. I mean, the Grounders have their reasons for wanting to kill Finn — he massacred this village. My brother had reasons for killing two kids — they tried to kill them. At the end of the day, everyone has their reasons for doing whatever they do.

That got me thinking about Clarke. If I believe that Raven and my brother had reasons, then I should believe that Clarke also had her reasons for killing Finn. I hadn't thought about Clarke murdering Finn — or at least I was trying not to think about it. I knew Clarke had her reasons, but I guess I just didn't want to admit it. And — to me — Clarke's reasoning is more obvious, more — I don't want to say justifiable, but yeah, there's an argument that could be made that Clarke's decision was justifiable. Clarke gave Finn a less painful death. Like Bellamy had told me, if Clarke didn't do what she did, Finn would've suffered a lot worse. I still believe what I said to Bellamy; no matter how much it hurt, I do think Clarke did the right thing. And thinking about it now, the position we were in, I hate to say it, but I think that was — considering the situation we were in, the best possible outcome for Finn.

Would I ever say this out loud? Probably not. Because I don't think everyone would understand why I believe that. To be honest with myself, I don't get why I felt that way. — It just made sense to me.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a fist-meet-face sound. I lifted my head to see the aftermath of Raven punching Clarke. I, along with Octavia and Abby, rushed over to them as Raven spat, "You're the only murderer here."

Clarke turned her head to look over my shoulder at something. I turned my head back, but there was nothing there. "Leave me alone. You gave me no choice. Why did you turn yourself in?" My stomach dropped slightly at Clarke's last words as it sounded like she was talking to Finn.

The four of us gave Clarke worried looks as she stormed off away from us. I took this time to direct Raven away from everyone. We each sat down on two chairs that were next to each other.

"How are you holding up?" I asked, looking to Raven.

She sniffled before answering. "Fine."

"Raven..."