021. ꕥ Who We Are Now

Not even after a second after I said that, Finn gasped and started breathing again. "Oh, thank God." I breathed out.

"What is taking Clarke so long?" Raven said through clenched teeth. "I'm going up there."

"I'm coming too." I announced, following Raven up the ladder.

As we climbed up the ladder to the third level, Raven shouted, "What's taking so long?" Once we both made it up there, Raven continued. "He stopped breathing."

Clarke looked like her whole world just dropped. "What?!" She started to go for the hatch.

Raven grabbed her arm to stop her. "He started again, but next time he might not."

"What the hell has been going on up here?" I asked. Taking in my surroundings, the Grounder was still tied up. Something's different, his shirt was taken off, and he had bruises all over his stomach. He had more bruises than the last time I saw him. My eyes shifted over to his hand. In his right hand, there is a spike sticking out of it with blood all over it. That's when I realized what was going on.

"More torture? That's your answer?" I asked no one in particular. "So this is who we are now?"

"Jo, what do you want us to do? He won't tell us anything!" Clarke raised her voice at me.

Raven looked around the room, seemingly trying to think of what to do. "Wanna bet?" She challenged before going to a part of the wall where there were a ton of wires and cables exposed. She grabbed two cables and ripped them from the wall, and sparks flew from them. This caused the Grounder to flinch at what Raven was doing.

Bellamy shot up from his seat. "What are you doing?"

"Showing him something new." Raven said through gritted teeth.

"Raven, wait." I pleaded, but it fell on deaf ears.

She sparked the cables together before connecting them with the Grounder. I flinched back at sight as the smell of burning flesh filled the room. What Raven was doing also happened to mess with the power on the Dropship; every time she connected the cables to the Grounder, the Dropship lights flicked. That's how I knew every bit of electricity that ran through the Dropship ran through the Grounder as Raven continued to connect and reconnect the cables with the Grounder.

Raven stopped for a brief moment only to ask, "Which one is it!?" Of course, she was met with silence. "Come on!"

She connected the cables again and I couldn't look anymore. I turned my back to the sight, biting my hand that's clenched into a fist to prevent tears from falling.

"He's all I have!" Raven screamed, tears streaming down her face.

"No more!" Octavia shouted with the knife in her hand, causing us all to turn our heads to her.

Raven's face turned angry towards the younger Blake sibling. "He's letting Finn die!"

Octavia had tears in her eyes that were threatening to spill. Without saying anything, she locked eyes with the Grounder and took the knife in her hand, and cut her forearm. Red blood started pouring immediately from the cut.

"Octavia, no!" Bellamy exclaimed.

The Grounder started to move. He pulled against the restraints he was in. He acted like he wanted to go to Octavia to stop her from cutting herself.

"He won't let me die." Octavia explained with her eyes still locked on the Grounders. His eyes now were not filled with pain like before, but sadness.

Bellamy rushed to Octavia. "Octavia, what the hell did you do?"