121. ꕥ Only Can Be Described As Hell

Well, the predicament Clarke and I found ourselves in would definitely not be considered a particularly good one.

As I sat in the back of the cargo truck I was now being held captive in by Azgeda, my eyes stayed locked on the man who stood back with me while the other was in the front with Clarke. Roan's security detail, as it turns out, wasn't going to do much 'protecting'; instead, they killed Seiku and our guards, taking Clarke and me captive. It wasn't long after Roan and Bellamy left that the rebelling Azgeda men took over, quickly killing everyone besides Clarke and myself.

My hands were tied together behind my back so tightly that I could feel the blood circulation being cut off from my hands, my feet tied were together as well, and there was a gag in my mouth. To add to that, every bump Clarke hit had me smacking my head into one of the barrels of hydrazine. Every time I could hear the fuel swishing around, reminding me that Raven needed every last drop, the longer we went, the more my confidence was diminishing that we would get it all to her.

Sometime during the drive, the top covering the back of the cargo truck flew off, enabling my line of sight to grow a little wider, but with how I was wedged in between barrels, it was still minimal. Nevertheless, I kept looking over the open field we were driving across, hoping for any signs of the Rover. I knew by now Bellamy and Roan had to have returned to where we split up and noticed our disappearance — I just prayed that they could get along and find us.

It was when I could tell we were slowing down that my head perked up, looking around to see what the reason was. A wave of hope lit up inside me when I spotted the Rover speeding towards us across the grass. That light quickly went out, though, when the man noticed what I did; kneeling in front of me, he pulled out a knife and placed it to my throat, lowly growling, "Emo nou laik going bilaik able gon save yu." (They are not going to be able to save you.)

Because of the gag in my mouth, I had to refrain from trying to spit in the man's face at his words. We sped up again, and from behind me, I heard the other Grounder yell out to stop Bellamy and Roan. Following his orders, the Grounder in front of me pocketed his knife and stepped away from me, beginning to move one of the barrels of fuel.

My eyes went wide with panic, realizing that he was going to use the fuel against Bellamy and Roan. As I began to thrash around in protest — something the Grounder ignored — I realized that my legs weren't tied tightly together like my arms. I wiggled both my feet, working swiftly to get out of my restraints; luckily, it didn't take me that long, and soon I was kicking the cloth off my feet.

Taking a quick deep breath in, I thrust my hands behind me over my head, hearing a loud crack come from my left shoulder as I did so. I allowed a groan to leave my mouth, the gag having muffled it as I pulled my elbows together and split my hands apart, quickly tearing the cloth and freeing my hands. I pulled the gag out of my mouth and spun around on my stomach, rearing my leg back before sending it into the shin of the Grounder. He fell to one knee but quickly recovered, coming over to hover over me, retaking his knife out and hiding it up high, ready to strike.

Before he could, a loud yell was heard, and the next thing I knew, Roan was flying from the top of the Rover onto my attacker. He was quick, though, flipping Roan over onto the barrels of hydrazine. I got up, kicking the man's hand that still held the knife he was trying to use against Roan now, knocking it out of his hand and onto the ground, moving quickly past us.

I grabbed the back of the Grounders armor, pulled him off Roan, and sent a punch to his face, thankful that my dominant hand wasn't injured, then used my moment to swing around and kick him with my left leg, sending him into the side of the truck. The Grounder had venom in his sneer as he charged forward at me, but suddenly I was pulled back by Roan, who took the Grounders tackle that was meant for me.