047. ꕥ Save Her

I stared down at the map the Grounder had just finished drawing

I stared down at the map the Grounder had just finished drawing. My eyes scanned over it; there were some parts of the map I recognized and some parts I didn't. I wasn't going to lie and say that I wasn't worried that this map would lead us into a trap.

Bellamy, who was crouched down looking at the map just as intensely as I was, got up. "Gather up your gear. We're leaving."

"What about him?" Sterling spoke up for the first time and nodded toward the now gaged one-eyed Grounder.

My eyes went to Bellamy to see what he was going to say. I knew this was going to be a problem.

"For now, we leave him. We'll deal with him when we're done." Bellamy answered.

"What if he escapes?" John piped up from beside me. "He knows exactly where we're going."

"We're not killing him." Bellamy had a very annoyed and aggravated look on his face.

"I'm not really seeing another option here." John argued. "If we don't take care of this now, this is gonna blow back on us."

"He's unarmed, Murphy." Bellamy reasoned.

"He's a Grounder." John rebutted.

My brother moved his eyes from Sterling to me, then Monroe. "Really? Come on, tell him."

Monroe shook her head. "I don't know."

"You don't know what? He's gonna tell his people everything, and we're as good as dead. Our friends too."

"John, he is defenseless." I told him. "What is he going to do?"

My brother's eyes moved to mine, and there was shock written across his face, shock that I disagreed with him. "Jo, come on."

"He's not going to escape." I said with a stern voice and turned to face John.

He did the same and faced me. "Your right he's not because he's going to be dead." John tried to move towards the Grounder, but Bellamy was there to stop him.

Bellamy raised his voice slightly as he spoke. "Look, we're not doing this. End of discussion. You want him, you go through me."

"What happened to you, huh?" John challenged. "You're talking like you never killed a Grounder."

Bellamy's eyes narrowed at my brother. "That was in battle. This would be an execution—"

A gunshot cut off the end of Bellamy's sentence. The loud noise caused all of us to jump, myself most of all. I turned to see Finn holding the handgun with smoke coming out of the stock. He shot that gun; he killed the Grounder. I stared at Finn, who was staring at the Grounder he had just murdered in cold blood. He dropped the hand that held the gun to his side, with his eyes still locked on the Grounder. After what seemed like forever, Finn turned to the five of us.