019. ꕥ Temporary Relief

There was a couple of moments of silence after it was revealed that Wells had died before the female's voice came through. "Who was that speaking, just now?"

"Joanna Murphy." I answered through the radio

"You're—"

"Yes. I'm one of the twins." I quickly cut her off. "Can we please focus on saving Finn's life?"

No one argued with me. I didn't really want to talk about what happened. I didn't want to think about my brother right now. I just wanted to save Finn.

We were getting everything ready on our end while Abby, Clarke's Mom, was getting everything prepared on her side. Now that we could talk to the Ark, I managed to figure out a way to hook up a speaker and a longer-range microphone to the radio so we could walk around and still talk to the Ark. This made it way more efficient. That way, we didn't have to keep moving back and forth from the radio to Finn.

"I'm gonna talk you through it step by step." Abby's voice came through the radio.

Right after the words came through, another loud crack of thunder could be heard. The whole Dropship shook, and kids let out screams. These had been happening almost constantly since the storm started.

"Clarke, give five—" Abby's voice cut out. "To medical. Medic—"

"What?" Clarke shouted over the noise. "Raven, Jo, what's wrong?"

"It's not the radio." Raven answered.

"It's the storm." I finished, trying to help Raven to get the signal any better.

"Clarke, we need to hurry." Abby said through the radio.

"There's no way we can make the signal any better." Raven concluded. "This is the best we're gonna get."

"Okay, we just have to deal with it." I announced.

"Raven," Clarke called out. "I need you to go to a suture needle. There should be one on the second level."

"Got it." Raven said before rushing to climb up the ladder.

"Jo, I could use your help." Clarke called me over. "Can you rinse and clean these cloths, please."

"Yeah, yeah. I got this." I said before starting to clean them out.

Octavia came through the Dropship door with two canisters in her hands, which pulled Clarke's attention as she went to smell what was in one, "Monty's moonshine?" Clarke said almost disgustingly.

"Pretty sure no germ can survive it." Octavia quipped.

Just then, another loud crack of thunder boomed outside. "The storm's getting worse." Clarke said as she pours d the moonshine into a bowl. "Monroe, close the doors."

"We still got people out there." Monroe objected.

"Monty and Jasper still aren't back yet. Neither is Bellamy." Octavia added.

This caused me to lift my head. "What the hell is Bellamy doing out there?"

"I don't know." Octavia answered. "He said he had to go deal with something."

"Idiot." I mumbled under my breath.

"It's alright." Clarke said, looking from Octavia to me as she sterilized the medical tools with Monty's moonshine. "They'll find somewhere to ride it out."

"One suture needle." Raven said, coming up from behind Clarke and handing her the needle.

"Right. I still need something to close the wound." Clarke said, taking the needle from Raven's hand.