027. ꕥ Sickness

I hadn't left my brother's side. I spent all night with him. I hadn't gotten much sleep either; I was afraid that if I left him or even took my eyes off him, Bellamy would kick him out.

We stayed on the lower level of the Dropship in the same corner. We were both sitting against the wall; I held out my hand, gesturing for John to take it. He took it willingly, and I held onto his hand.

"I'm glad you're here." I said barely above a whisper.

"After all this, I'm gonna have to leave." John said, matching the tone of my voice.

"I won't let that happen." I assured him.

John shook his head slowly. "Jo, you won't be able to stop Bellamy."

"I won't leave you again." I turned to look John in the eyes.

John didn't get a chance to respond. All of a sudden, he was hunching over to the right, throwing up. I immediately got up and stood next to him, rubbing his back. I spotted a cloth on a nearby table, so I grabbed it and held it in my hand.

When John stopped gagging, I took the cloth and rubbed his mouth, trying to get all the gross stuff off. "Are you okay?" He weakly nodded while trying to catch his breath. I continued to wipe the cloth across his mouth.

John started to gag and was again hunching over to throw up. Looking closer (which is not something I want to do) I noticed that he was throwing up blood.

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself.

John was now down on all fours throwing up violently when Clarke walked in. I noticed she had dried blood coming from her eyes. Standing up, I asked, "Clarke, are you okay?"

She just pushed past me to go and kneel in front of my brother, who had stopped throwing up. "Murphy, hey. Look at me." John looked up to Clarke, blood dripping from his mouth. "I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the Grounders. What happened?"

"I don't know. I woke up, and they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there so I took off." John explained through heavy breaths.

A look of realization came on Clarke's face. "They let you go."

"Clarke, what are you talking about?" I asked, shifting my weight from one foot to the other.

Bellamy came through the Dropship door. Clarke was quick to stop him by sticking her hand out. "Bellamy stay back."

Bellamy stopped standing next to me. "Did he do something to you?" He paused for a moment glancing in my direction. "Either of you?"

Getting a closer look at the scene in front of him, Bellamy's eyes went wide. He took a step forward, and I followed suit. "What the hell is this?"

Clarke looked at John before looking back at both of us. "Biological warfare." She revealed. "You were waiting for the Grounders to retaliate for the bridge? This is it." Looking back at my brother Clarke further explained. "Murphy's the weapon."

My breath caught in my throat. My brother was not a weapon. He's a human being. He should not be used as a weapon.

Clarke went on to explain that the Grounders sent my brother here with a virus. Something to infect us and make us all weak and unable to fight. The Grounders think they could kill us with this virus.

After Bellamy and I got Connor and Derek into the Dropship, I tried to reposition myself at my brother's side.

"Jo, wait." Clarke called out before I could sit down. "It spreads on contact. You can't sit next to him."