078. ꕥ Set The Truth Free

~sixty-eight days since mount weather~

"You suck at driving. I think it's safe to say that you'll never drive the Rover again." Bellamy said as we walked back through the Ark and to our room.

I had decided to come on the mapping run today because it was my turn to drive the newly found Rover. My days were usually spent all over the Ark wherever I was needed — that's where I was. Whether in Medical helping Abby and Jackson, training with Miller or Lincoln, or helping Kane with mapping runs and then going on them, I was always running around doing something. We had just got back from a mapping run — Sector two, to be exact — and I was the one to drive the Rover. Raven and I worked out all the bugs in it, and now, it was fully operational, making mapping runs a whole lot easier. We didn't have to walk everywhere now; we could drive and get there in half the time. We had been taking turns when going out in mapping runs, and today it was my turn — and apparently, I was a lousy driver.

An offended look came across my face that was not at all offended by Bellamy's statement. "It was not that bad."

As we continued to walk, Bellamy brought his hand to the back of his head. "Yeah, tell that to the giant bump I have on the back of my head from you rocking us everywhere."

We made it to our room, and I grabbed the door handle to push the door open to reveal the place we'd been calling home. It wasn't much — not really — there was just a bed, a small table with two chairs sitting with it, one dresser, a lamp, and a tiny little bathroom. The room was a decent size but just the right size for Bellamy and me.

"Well, it's not my fault you can't control where your big head goes. Besides, Sector two has the most bumps in the road anyway. I think you were just setting me up to make it look like I was a bad driver." I moved over to the table that sat in our room, took off my jacket, and set it on one of the chairs.

A mixture between a scoff and a laugh left Bellamy's mouth. "I don't have to set you up for you to look like a bad driver. You can do that all on your own."

I spun around to look at him with narrowed eyes. "Very funny." There was a small ounce of humor that escaped with my words as I tried to bite back a smile. "I think you're just jealous that you didn't get to drive."

After Bellamy took his jacket off, he came up to me and placed his hands on my waist, and even after all this time, butterflies still erupted in my stomach every time he did that. My eyes met his as he spoke. "Me, jealous? Never."

"Right." I hummed after a small laugh escaped my mouth. Leaning forward, I pecked Bellamy's lips before pulling away to go sit on the bed.